AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there are any risks from accepting my aunt's generous offer to loan me her 53" sony TV for a couple of years.

First some background, its a 3 year old rptv. Its seen moderate use and has not been moved since it was delivered. Its not widescreen and I do not think it is HD.

I'm wondering 2 things, is this a dangerous thing for me to move using my buddy and his fullsize pickup? The TV is around 60" tall i believe. the good news is that no stairs are involved. Should I rent a uhaul and lash it to oneo f the walls? what about moving companies? I checked a couple and they had no interest.

Secondly, I'm wondering if i am "borrowing trouble" so to speak. What are the odds of the TV needing calibration or alignment after its moved the 15 miles between houses? What are the odds of the TV having a failure and needing to be replaced?

assuming its no longer under warranty (3 yr old tv), are there places I can insure it? are there service plans available? I have not shopped for these types of things before and advice is appreciated.

thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.