AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use a lamp for a Proxima DX1 in my PLUS UP-1100. The simple reason is it is nearly $100 less. These should be the EXACT same projectors and the Proxima is even manufactured by PLUS.

The scary question is: Why is the PLUS/NEC LT100 lamp so much more?

Is this a mistake I will regret?

Jeff

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jeff,

You should have no trouble using the DX-1 lamp in the 1100. Both units use the same, identical Sony power supply module and the same physical lamp module mounts.

Thump

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've been told the DX1 lamp is sold without the chassis that the UP-1100 and LT100 lamps come preinstalled in (one reason why the DX1 lamp costs less, I suppose). So it would be necessary to reuse the existing chassis and probably realign the new lamp using the set screws built into the frame. Is that right, Thumper?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Thumper.

Mark, I REALLY hope your wrong. I've ordered it so I'll let you know. If it is a switch-a-roo deal, I guess I'll find out how complicated it is.

Jeff

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jeff,

Let us know how it is "packaged" from Proxima. The lamp carriage and receiving pocket and power supplies are identical between the three units: DX-1, UP-1100, LT-100.

I can't image Prox selling it as raw bulb. It wouldn't be a joe-six-pack replacement procedure. Besides, there is a unwritten law (or maybe its written somewhere) that lamp manufacturers (Phoenix, Ushura, Philips, etc.)won't sell raw bulbs to the public, forcing all of us to go to the projector manufacturer for our replacements.

Thump

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sorry for the confusion- I had some misinformation. Apparently the DX1 lamp is indeed sold with the full assembly and it is completely identical to the UP-1100 and LT100 lamps, just as Thumper suggested.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys,

Just an update, I installed the dx1 lamp just fine and it works great. A new lamp sure makes a world of difference in picture quality. Too bad they have to fade with time.

Anyway, I paid $291 at pcnation.com and most of the UP-1100 bulbs sell for $400 or more. Quite the savings.

Thanks for all of your help.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.