AVS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reviving this really old thread as we discovered this on Netflix last weekend.

Only through 5 episodes so far, but we're enjoying the theme and the pace. They're really moving the plot along (eg, teacher has already left town). Netflix has both Season 1 and Season 2. Is it worth it over the long haul?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Reviving this really old thread as we discovered this on Netflix last weekend.

Only through 5 episodes so far, but we're enjoying the theme and the pace. They're really moving the plot along (eg, teacher has already left town). Netflix has both Season 1 and Season 2. Is it worth it over the long haul?
Season 2 is quite cheesy. But, season 1 presented one of the better comic book shows on TV across all platforms.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I don't get the CW network. Oh, I can RECEIVE it okay, but I just don't get it! I had to bail on Riverdale after a few episodes, because the extreme strain of needing to "suspend my disbelief" far enough to be able to accept a bunch of thirtysomethings trying to play teenagers (even with that Twin Peaks kind of vibe) just got to be too much. They twisted way too many of the Archie Comics figures into completely unrecognizable alternate-universe versions of themselves. A hot YOUNG Ms. Grundy? Well, yeah, THAT'S okay--but most of the rest of all the character reboots just seemed unneeded. About the only thing they didn't change was Archie's signature hair. but they just HAD to go and exaggerate the shade of red. And, there's just something about seeing a 1950's-style motorcycle gang member threatening someone over a cell phone that took me right out of the scenario.

I wonder--has David Lynch threatened to sue them yet?

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I don't get the CW network. Oh, I can RECEIVE it okay, but I just don't get it! I had to bail on Riverdale after a few episodes, because the extreme strain of needing to "suspend my disbelief" far enough to be able to accept a bunch of thirtysomethings trying to play teenagers (even with that Twin Peaks kind of vibe) just got to be too much. They twisted way too many of the Archie Comics figures into completely unrecognizable alternate-universe versions of themselves. A hot YOUNG Ms. Grundy? Well, yeah, THAT'S okay--but most of the rest of all the character reboots just seemed unneeded. About the only thing they didn't change was Archie's signature hair. but they just HAD to go and exaggerate the shade of red. And, there's just something about seeing a 1950's-style motorcycle gang member threatening someone over a cell phone that took me right out of the scenario.

I wonder--has David Lynch threatened to sue them yet?
Yeah, I mentioned the definite Twin Peaks vibe above. I found it too soap operaishness along with the many issues you mentioned. I bailed after about 4 or 5 shows. My wife still loves this show though. Probably because of the pretty bad boys.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned the definite Twin Peaks vibe above. I found it too soap operaishness along with the many issues you mentioned. I bailed after about 4 or 5 shows. My wife still loves this show though. Probably because of the pretty bad boys.
The hybrid "1950s/2010s" style has felt a bit off to us. You have kids with cell phones and modern notebook computers, yet everyone is driving a 60s-era car and the computers in the school are straight out of 1990 (when they aren't just using typewriters).

I'm waiting for the trans-dimensional component to kick in...oh wait...wrong network.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
New The CW Riverdale Season Launch Promo

The CW just sent to their affiliates a new season launch promo. It is titled "Middle of the Night." If the 30 sec version doesn't show up on YouTube in a couple of days, let me know and I'll make it available.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
The writers totally screwed up this week's episode. There are 12 Red Paladin cards. Betty and Jughead had two of them. Yet 12 people showed up to the fight with cards. Oops.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
I'm finally catching up on this last season. One main thing struck me. The old man pulled out a patent and said that Veronica couldn't do her formula because it was under patent. But, I suspect that he has been making that rum for over 20 years, meaning the patent has expired. Also, just adding maple syrup to her rum isn't going to change that she is still using the family formula.

Nine more episodes to watch.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I'm finally catching up on this last season. One main thing struck me. The old man pulled out a patent and said that Veronica couldn't do her formula because it was under patent. But, I suspect that he has been making that rum for over 20 years, meaning the patent has expired. Also, just adding maple syrup to her rum isn't going to change that she is still using the family formula.

Nine more episodes to watch.
Are you trying to apply logic and common sense to "Riverdale?" Please, never do that again! :D

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
ROTFLMAO :D

Another thing that caught my eye is that the series has 21st century laptop technology, but oldstyle KTU phones and analog TV. I guess HDTV doesn't exist there. :eek:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts