AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I know the debate will and has raged around here before about RHD, but it's no big loss. I never warmed to it, despite my admiration and enjoyment of Seizmore and Mann.

This could have someting to do with Seizmore being busted for allegedly slapping his girlfriend/fiancee around...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Boy, that's really too bad. RHD was one of the best cop shows I've seen in years, and CBS is going to be keeping The Agency instead? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

My favorite episode was last week's, when Cole got played by the death row inmate. That was all-time classic television.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I too am disappointed by this news. My favorite episode was the one with the newly release white supremecist. At the end as he walks the store manager into the office (with Sizemore and his side-kick lying in wait), the side-kick fires first point-blank shotgun riot load into the guy before saying anything... Also totally classic TV, and very realistic.

jeff

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am so bummed. This was my favorite new show this season. Last week's episode was great but my favorite was two weeks ago (delayed start on east coast) when he was undercover trying to buy the guns.

It seems this show was just starting to get even better. Let's hope CBS gives it second life. The heck with the Agency. Presidio Med gets a full season. Come on CBS get with it.

Rick

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was just getting into it myself.It was definitely looking like one of those shows that takes at least a season to get a really good following with good writing and acting .After the second season, it could be the next 10 season hit.

What would they replace it with? The odds are it would be a real stinker!

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Really too bad. And they're keeping CSI-Miami? RHD was one of the few network dramas I enjoyed. It seemed to getting better creatively with each episode. They were starting to minimize the 'jerkicam' approach that ruins images IMO. Wish they'd borrowed from the SciFi channel's "Taken" approach, ending tomorrow with its tenth ~2-hour episode (non-HD). A single writer and perhaps Spielberg's guidance as co-producer has resulted in one the best--hopefully award-winning--TV productions I've seen. No, I'm not a UFO buff. -- John

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie E
Boy, that's really too bad. RHD was one of the best cop shows I've seen in years, and CBS is going to be keeping The Agency instead? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

My favorite episode was last week's, when Cole got played by the death row inmate. That was all-time classic television.
I liked that episode too... it was actually a remake of a Miami Vice episode.

They said that the ratings went up when they moved it to Saturday but not as high as The Agency and The Agency suffered on Fridays so they decided to stick with The Agency on Saturdays. I suppose pairing the two on Saturdays would have been too simple.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I say cancel "CSI: Miami" AND "The Agency" and keep "Robbery Homicide Division". This whole damned Neilsen thing needs to be revisited...they're obviously not getting into ALL the right homes!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DDD
Well, its going to be one of two things....reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond or more likely reruns of CSI.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bmello
Well, its going to be one of two things....reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond or more likely reruns of CSI.
Actually no, they already named a replacement show, although the name of it escapes me right now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really liked the show. The networks put new shows on ridiculous time slots and want to know why they fail. I mean did Push really have a chance against CSI and Frasier? Is anyone in the target audience of Robbery home watching TV at 10:00 pm on Friday nights? I mean c'mon. Put these shows on Tuesday night or Wednesday night at 10:00pm. and I guarantee they would do well.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Quote:
Is anyone in the target audience of

Robbery home watching TV at 10:00 pm on Friday nights?
Nope not me. The only reason I can watch the show is because I have two HiPix cards ready to timeshift.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by snathan
I really liked the show. The networks put new shows on ridiculous time slots and want to know why they fail. I mean did Push really have a chance against CSI and Frasier? Is anyone in the target audience of Robbery home watching TV at 10:00 pm on Friday nights? I mean c'mon. Put these shows on Tuesday night or Wednesday night at 10:00pm. and I guarantee they would do well.
I can't buy that argument. CSI started out on Friday nights, as did Miami Vice, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard and a host of other successful shows that I don't have enough space to list here. As for Push against CSI and Frasier, did they bounced that around between Tuesdays and Thursdays? I don't know because I never watched it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard. Those shows were some my favorite's but then again I was only about 4 or 5 yrs old. I'm not sure if I was in their target demographic at that time:D

Knight Rider was the one with the talking car, right?

Rick

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DDD
I was just getting into it myself.It was definitely looking like one of those shows that takes at least a season to get a really good following with good writing and acting .After the second season, it could be the next 10 season hit.

"Queens Supremes", a courtroom drama starring Oliver Platt.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would love to see RHD retooled and brought back. My main problem with the show is that it seemed to follow the typical crime show formula (L&O,etc). I would love to see a style much more closer to "Heat", with not almost every episode about a homicide (we see this way too much on tv). I would like to see RHD take on a main storyline(ex: taking down a crime syndicate in the span of a season) with a mix of smaller storylines( ex. related and unrelated homicides and crimes) to freshen up the series. I would consider changing the cast around. Keep Sizemore, and add a few new and/or recoqnizable faces that add chemistry to the show. Just my take...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rf22
Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard. Those shows were some my favorite's but then again I was only about 4 or 5 yrs old. I'm not sure if I was in their target demographic at that time:D

Knight Rider was the one with the talking car, right?

Rick
Yup...Hasselhoff at his finest also! :D We'll probably see all those wind up in HD on one of the new HDNet channels some day...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.