5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/19592847

I fixed title. Just report post and ask for a change otherwise it may take a while.

larry

oh, ok. thanks larry!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug /forum/post/19594370

Wow, I saw this in a theater back in 1964. My goodness.

same here, but a drive in theater, just down the road from our house. i was 12 at the time but never forgot about this flick.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I had never heard of this.

I may check out on Netflix first.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI /forum/post/19596897

Mike

ya gotta be OLD!
to know of this movie. (not really)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie; the amount of kitsch is just right, and the BD should look great.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Always looked forward to this on TV when I was a kid and know it will bring back a lot of memories. A must-buy for me.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Saw this on vacation with my family in a little New England town, on our New York World's Fair trip. I was the only one of the family to go; got dropped off and picked up afterwards.

Never one of my favorite sci-fi films, however.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood /forum/post/19602242

Saw this on vacation with my family in a little New England town, on our New York World's Fair trip. I was the only one of the family to go; got dropped off and picked up afterwards.

Never one of my favorite sci-fi films, however.

i lived, still do, and saw 'rcom' in a little new england town.

also went to the same '64 big apple worlds fair, great fun! we stayed with friends in valley stream on long island.

went to jones beach too!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/19596941

I've seen this ten times at least. I'm looking foward to the BD version,should have some spectacular color.

Art

Well, the Criterion LD for it's time was excellent. The DVD is excellent and when upscaled thru my HDA1 thru a Epson 9500 on a 110" JKP Affinity Screen (about 80% of what you see Art with your beautiful set-up), the BD, IMO, will only be a click up in clarity...sort of like the original King Kong.

I'll double dip on The Blob and Fiend Without a Face. Criterion did such wonderful jobs with these, that they'll be worth it.

Anyone want to buy the LD of this? It's in perfect shape with the original plastic on it. It has Paul Mantee's signature across the front cover.

He signed it when they showed a newly struck print at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood a few years back and he along with Victor Lundin were there for Q and A.

$50 and free shipping, only in the USA. PM if interested!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/19596890

same here, but a drive in theater, just down the road from our house. i was 12 at the time but never forgot about this flick.

Let's share a sigh for those days. Technology is great and here to stay but I sure do miss those days very much. That's why I can relate well to a lot of of The Twilight Zone episodes about time travel into the past.

I can't remember is I liked it or not though so I'm looking forward to seeing this again.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI /forum/post/19596897

I may check out on Netflix first.

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry Mike, but I think the odds Netflix is going to stock this film is about zeeroh.

I haven't seen this since I was a kid, but I do remember that they re-used the Martian ships from War of the Worlds and they moved at warp speed rather than on invisible tripods.

My mom got tweaked over the "Mr. Echo, go to H E double hockey sticks" line.

Sheesh, how times have changed.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99
Sorry Mike, but I think the odds Netflix is going to stock this film is about zeeroh.

I haven't seen this since I was a kid, but I do remember that they re-used the Martian ships from War of the Worlds and they moved at warp speed rather than on invisible tripods.

My mom got tweaked over the "Mr. Echo, go to H E double hockey sticks" line.

Sheesh, how times have changed.
It's in my Netflix cue NOW.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Ro...381#height1533

Mike

1 - 20 of 40 Posts