AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I crazy, or was "Robocop" on Showtime really really sharp? That's gotta be one of the sharpest 1.85:1 films I've ever seen.

It gives me new hope for the capabilities of film and film transfers. Too bad most transfers are far short of this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It was stated before the movie it was in HDTV....i guess its not an upconvert anymore

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Yes - it used to be an upconvert on showtime, but they "upgraded" to a real HD transfer.

I don't know about you, but on my display this showed a lot of small specles which I attribute to "film grain". I don't think the transfer was done from the most pristine print possible.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yeah, they do a new HD transfer and then only show it once! I missed recording it the other night and now I don't see it on the schedule for the next two months.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I don't think so. I check the schedule on a daily basis to pick things to record and all the other times I saw Robocop it was labeled as an upconvert.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Well someone before had said that they saw it as a new HD transfer, so that prompted me to check it out. So that leads me to believe that it was on at least once before.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
I don't think so. I check the schedule on a daily basis to pick things to record and all the other times I saw Robocop it was labeled as an upconvert.
the new transfer was shown a couple of times already, and it does look very good. the old transfer had the borders around the picture and anyone could tell that was an upconvert.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.