AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3008 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TW just released their HDDVRs. Their High Def line up locally is HBO, Showtime, PBS, WB, ABC, Discovery, inHD, inHD2.

I'd really love to see CBS and ESPN sometime soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just signed up for the digital HD package with the new HD DVR. The sales person could not give me any technical info on the HD DVR at all, not even the model number.

Does anyone know what TW Rochester is using for their HD DVRs?

Jason

·
Registered
499 Posts
WUHF (Fox Rochester) is now at full power (320KW) OTA. Good news for the Superbowl. If only TWC would start carrying it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is WUHF broadcasting in HD? If it is please tell cpanther95 that if it is so he can put rochester ny on the list for dma's that have fox hd

·
Registered
23,806 Posts
Added them to the Fox list - and at the next update it will be added to the Master list of all stations stickied at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Is there anyone in or near Rochester with a C-band HDTV system? I am looking for a way to test my HDD-200 with a known-working receiver.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Currently you can get PBS, ABC and NBC locals in HD via TWC. FOX-HD is available OTA, but not on cable as Sinclair is making a stink about wanting money for retransmit rights. Local CBS station is dragging it's feet on switching to HD.

Obviously you need one of the HD STBs to view the HD channels.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Watching on my SD stb I often see TNT movies advertize HD. Do they come in HD?

Do you know what their current special package would be for someone who already has roadrunner, digital and HBO?

I am surprized to see so few posts for this market.

·
Registered
499 Posts
TNT-HD is available.

If you currently have that package, I believe they call that the digipack 1000. You should get about $5-$10 bucks off for that package. You won't get many extreme deals since you are already a customer.

·
Registered
23,806 Posts
Pradeep - please Rule #6 at the top of the forum. This thread is very slow to take off and we don't want to do anything that will cause it to just die off.

·
Registered
23,806 Posts
No prob. Just want one active thread for Rochester members so that the area takes care of itself. Considering AVS is based in Rochester (Victor), we really should have a decent thread for the area.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My only way to get HD is thru Time Warner. I plan on getting a Plasma sometime, sooner better than later. However half my viewing is on FOX/CBS. Should I wait for summer/fall and new models and perhaps one more HD network or am I just losing 3-9months of Plasma enjoyment?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm pretty pissed at timewarner rochester at the moment, i had an HD-DVR for 1 day on Feb 15th, it broke that night (SA8300HD). I STILL dont have an HDDVR, so i miss most of the 4 shows i bought the TV to watch, retentions dept. at TW hears from me every 3 days.

I think its rediculous that I pay $120/month to this company, and I have to download my tv shows (semi legally? illegally?) off the freakin internet to see them in HD

·
Registered
25 Posts
(Not much activity here in the Rochester thread, but I'll ask anyway.)

Does anyone know of an inexpensive and (if outdoor is necessary) unobtrusive antenna for OTA HDTV? I'm only looking to receive the main three networks: NBC, CBS, ABC. My own research indicates that a Channel Master 3021 might work or perhaps an indoor Zenith Silver Sensor. I'd prefer the indoor option for aesthetic reasons if possible.

I'm about 12 miles from the intended transmitters. Is anyone receiving OTA HD that can share their setup and/or experiences?

·
Registered
31 Posts
my friend gets all of the channels OTA from his basement in Greece with a silver sensor. He lives on Stone Road near it's intersection with Ridge Road.

Again, this is from his basement (silver sensor next to a window in the basement)

i think he picked it up at sears for a little more than internet price, but he got to play with it _right now_ instead of in a week

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks juliox. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I live about 5 miles from that intersection in Greece and am looking for reception in my basement home theater. Silver Sensor looks like the ticket.

1 - 20 of 3008 Posts