AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168712

I may have to consider this instead of Guitar Hero IV since guns n' roses are debuting their Chinese Democracy album FINALLY by having a new song debut on Rock Band 2.

The set list also has a lot of other songs I like.

Jopefully at least ONE gnr song will be in GH then I would still choose that.

edit: I counted 18 songs I like. Especially the fleetwood mac one, rhcp, beatie boys, ac/dc, bon jovi, and many more.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/14291687

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168712

I may have to consider this instead of Guitar Hero IV since guns n' roses are debuting their Chinese Democracy album FINALLY by having a new song debut on Rock Band 2.

The set list also has a lot of other songs I like.

Jopefully at least ONE gnr song will be in GH then I would still choose that.

edit: I counted 18 songs I like. Especially the fleetwood mac one, rhcp, beastie boys, ac/dc, bon jovi, and many more.

Don't hold your breath on CHINESE DEMOCRACY, Basher.....how many times have we heard that it's coming out "soon" over the last decade? Even if Axl lets loose a new track on RB2....well, I'd be surprised as hell if that album surfaces soon afterward...if ever!

But Basher, it'll be GnR in NAME ONLY. Axl & whoever he has playing with him (underground shredder Buckethead, Tommy Stinson from The Replacements, etc, last time I heard). No Izzy, no Duff....and most importantly....no Slash!

I'd think a "hat-less" GnR would be blasphemy to your ears, sir.

Do agree that RB2 has a solid setlist, though.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/14292972

Don't hold your breath on CHINESE DEMOCRACY, Basher.....how many times have we heard that it's coming out "soon" over the last decade? Even if Axl lets loose a new track on RB2....well, I'd be surprised as hell if that album surfaces soon afterward...if ever!

But Basher, it'll be GnR in NAME ONLY. Axl & whoever he has playing with him (underground shredder Buckethead, Tommy Stinson from The Replacements, etc, last time I heard). No Izzy, no Duff....and most importantly....no Slash!

I'd think a "hat-less" GnR would be blasphemy to your ears, sir.

Do agree that RB2 has a solid setlist, though.

Axl "is" gnr (makes this guy mad when I tell him that and now he refuses to talk to me anymore partly because of him thinking I must agree with him that it's not really gnr lol) and I like most of the leaked new songs from the album.

I really doubt that they would have the song in the game and not release the album and it was said it would be released this fall. I know they say that every year, but supposedly the album has been completed for a long time finally.

I just think it's odd they don't have an older gnr song on there also to compliment the new one. Like I said if GH has ANY gnr song I will get it, but I'm sure they will have zero gnr and zero lynyrd skynyrd just to make me mad and force me to spend more money by getting RB.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some site I was looking at which told comments about the Guitar Hero press conference was not very impressed with much of their press conference. I don't think they even gave their set list which to me means it was not as good as RB 2's or they would have wanted to make it public.

After all the backhanded things Activision did with GH:3 such as purposely leaving flawed product on shelves I am tempted to get RB 2 instead. The only problem is it would cost much more since I was going to just pay $50 for GH4 and then get instruments some other time. But obviously for RB 2 I would have no guitar since the wii one won't work.

If I understand properly, not much new was even revealed by ACtivision. An entire new Metallica album will be download content the first day GH4 comes out. The Van Halen song is hot for teacher. Not much else has been mentioned and those may have already been known before the press conference anyway.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Actually, CHINESE DEMOCRACY was almost released some time ago.

Of course, it was going to be an OFFSPRING album.

As to GH:WT.....can't wait to have my ass kicked during HOT FOR TEACHER on Hard.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure I would like playing that song, but they need to have more than that for me to want it. Like I said I want a gnr song and maybe simple man by lynyrd skynyrd.

Yeah I know some offspring guy claimed Axl copied his braids so he was stealing his album name. lol

Speaking of the offspring I like their song that is in RB 2 also.

·
Registered
733 Posts
"They" put the set list on the offical Rock Band site as well.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63006

I'm pumped. Most of those songs are right up my alley. I hope that they include character creation on the Wii version this time. Now it's up to GHWT to convince me not to buy RB2.

Did you check out the Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” song? It's the theme from P.C.U.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Maybe Wii owners will be lucky (doubt it with Harmonix's Wii track record though) and the RB2 instruments will be compatible with the GH:WT instruments like on the 360.

I was thinking about it and I'm probably going to sell my Wii GH3 guitar and game (or give it to a relative with a Wii or something) and get the 360 version so that they're entirely compatible.

I really like RB2's set list, but there's some features in GH:WT that seem really interesting too, so I definitely want to be able to play both with one set of instruments.

(I have no problem with the Wii's graphics for games like this, its just DLC will be easier with a hard drive and I want inter-compatible instruments.)

Lets just hope Harmonix puts some effort in this time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't had much interest in either GHWT or RB2. But I finally checked out the RB2 setlist and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm starting to look forward to it now. I won't be getting it for Wii though. I have RB for Playstation 2. So it's just a question of whether I upgrade to the PS3 or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts