AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing the Rock + and the JVC G15 16:9 stewart grayhawk screen. I have a vcr, LD, DVD, computer, and eventually HDTV for inputs. Is the best configuration to run the vcr to composite in of Rock, LD into S-Video, DVD into component, computer into vga, and run straight 720P HDTV into a second port of the JVC?

Question is mostly to deal with computer and HDTV, I assume you want to run computer input through scaler so proper 4:3 image is proportioned correctly on 16:9 screen without zooming in and out,,,,,,,,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Hi,

I see you're looking to run both a HTPC and a scaler in the same HT!

Yes, what you described is the best configuration.

However, in the case of computer, the ROCK+ passes through the VGA unmodified, so if you want correctly proportioned 16:9 desktop you will want to download PowerStrip and install onto the computer you want to connect to the DILA projector, and use a DILA Resolution via PowerStrip on the computer. Also calibrate using DILA Pixel Perfect Resolution . Actually, I believe that these are built right into the latest version of PowerStrip so it's pretty easy to configure without needing to follow my instructions. With this, you get a really razor-sharp computer display!

You do not want to let any scaler reformat the computer video; because you want to have the best computer desktop image quality -- that's best accomplished using an installation of PowerStrip and using a resolution that achieves pixel-perfect mapping to the DILA resolution. (ie, 1360x768 computer desktop resolution)

Also, TAW's customer support forum is now open for posting to the public for pre-sales purposes, if you wanted to ask any ROCK+ related questions directly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help. Power strip can be found where,, and for what costs?

BTW, have you seen a better digital projector combo of a calibrated JVC G15 and Rock +?

Thanks

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Hi,

PowerStrip is found at www.entechtaiwan.com .... You can find more info about PowerStrip in the HTPC forum on AVSFORUM.

Regarding G15 and ROCK, there are a number of happy users of this combo -- The ROCK has DILA pixel-perfect native scan rates built into it. Obviously, I'll probably be blamed as being biased if I say that the combo is among the best I've seen in its price ballpark!

There's always the revered TeraNex, but that's a second house

mortgage extra... It's well into the five figures for the entry level TeraNex.

·
Registered
27,063 Posts
This is my soon to be combo.

I would love to see screen shots if anyone has 'em.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.