AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the reduction in price of the Sanyo pv60ht and the introduction of Sony's new 11ht, why is the 10ht remaining the same? I realize that they have reduced the msrp, but most dealers were and still are selling it below that.

On a side note, I waited for sony to reduce the price of the mdsjb 930 mini disc player since the day they put it on the market in 99'. When the 940 was introduced, it didn't appeal to me at all. But for some reason it was exactly the same price as the older 930. They never did reduce the price of the 930(I ended up having to buy it for the same price it was introduced at). Sure you could buy it cheaper at a non-authorized sony dealer, but I wanted the warranty.

My point? I would think that dealers would reduce the price of the old to make way for the new. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Why is this? Is this just the way sony operates?

Jon

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
How low do you expect them to go? The price all ready dropped substantially from the original street price. A lot of people payed $7000 for this projector when it first released and now it is around $4500.

--william

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$4500?? Through projector centrals website, the best price I've seen is $5500. Where are you getting your figure from and is it from a authorized sony reseller?

Jon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sony is advertising the 10ht along with the 11ht in the same ad. Also the 11ht has restricted distribution. So my take is that Sony doesn't consider the 10ht as an old product to be replaced by the 11ht.

I expect few will agree with me (and I'm not a Sony owner), but I still think the 10ht has a very watchable/satisfying picture and feel it is among the best for the price.

[This message has been edited by tropicalisland (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard one other person comment that sony is selling this projector along with the 11ht. He also stated that they would eventually raise the price of the 11ht. This would make sense as to why they would not budge on the price of the 10ht.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.