AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It sounds like the guitars are the same. The drum kit in RB2 is wireless, has silicon padding to reduce noise, and is pressure sensitive (the harder you hit it, the louder the drums).

There's also an option to get up to 3 cymbal add-ons to use as alternates.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is all covered in the giant Rock Band thread that's stickied and usually the top thread in the forum.....but anyway.

Guitars are different

Drums are different

Drum pedal is different

Mic is the same

There you go.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_f /forum/post/15422099

And I'm guessing the song set is different?

nope, same songs... they've just been digitally remastered and THX certified...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath /forum/post/15419389

They also claim to have auto calibration to take into account screen lag and whatnot.

Really?

I mean, my drums are working perfectly fine, but my brother-in-law's xbox360 version is terribly inaccurate. My timing was off when I first played it, and after calibrating it, it was off by 11 ms. When I played it again 2 months later (this past week), it was off again. I recalibrated again, and this time it was 43 ms off.

We both have the same TV manufacturer (mine's a 42" Panasonic 720p, while his is a 58" Panasonic 720p), but our receivers are completely different.

That's the only thing I can think of as to the cause of it, other than the fact that he has the Xbox360 version of the game and I have the PS3 version.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
yeah I'm not sure myself, as I've been messing with mine as well. I can tell you that having the dongle on a USB extension cable is TERRIBLE, as it causes way too much lag. I even tried connecting all three dongles separately to the PS3. It seemed to be the most accurate that way.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_f /forum/post/15422099

And I'm guessing the song set is different?

Song set is completely different. RB2 comes w/84 songs + 20 more you can download for free. RB1 comes w/about 54 songs.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath /forum/post/15424528

yeah I'm not sure myself, as I've been messing with mine as well. I can tell you that having the dongle on a USB extension cable is TERRIBLE, as it causes way too much lag. I even tried connecting all three dongles separately to the PS3. It seemed to be the most accurate that way.

Interesting.

I have my RB peripherals connected to the RB USB hub. Mine's fine, no calibrating needed.

My brother in-law used to have the RB USB hub for his Xbox360 version, but his new RB2 kit is RF, so he connects that way.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
ahh ok yeah the new RB2 instruments have a dongle that's the guitar, and it also has two USB ports for the drums and second guitar. Quite nifty for ps3'ers with only 2 usb ports.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom878 /forum/post/15461731

Are they swamped from the holidays? I still haven't gotten my code.

check your junk mail folder... you should have gotten the code in less than 60 seconds.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom878 /forum/post/15461731

Are they swamped from the holidays? I still haven't gotten my code.

no, I got mine right away.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.