AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am realizing that I need to put the surround speakers (rockets 300s, dipole) in my 7.1 setup about 8' up on the walls to my direct side unless I move some things around which I don't want to do. Basically one wall has a closet built there so I need to put the speaker on the wall above that, while the other (the right side surround) I will put that high just to match the height of the left...

How much will this affect my sound quality in my 7.1 HT?

Thanks!

~Rob

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't think that'll sound bad...just point them down to the listener and re-SPL your system. The suggest 2-3' above the listeners ear is a rule of thumb.

-sonny

·
Registered
389 Posts
The sides are supposed to provide AMBIANCE..and not be localized to the sides...Having them higher than the recommended 2' above your head may not be bad thing at all...May actually be better??? You'll add the ceiling as a first-order reflecting point...which will further diffuse the sound...My only concern would be that the ambiance, if localizable will sound to high to be realistic...

Use the SPL to set the volumes correctly, I assume they'll need to be turned up a bit relative to the fronts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.