AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are no posts in this forum on Rocket vs. Mirage spkrs.

I have Mirage OM-7 fronts, OM-C2 center, and OM-R2 surrounds.

I was thinking of getting the Rocket RS750 fronts, RSC200 center, and RSS300 surrounds.

In either case, Paradigm Servo 15 sub.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
185 Posts
If there are, I haven't seen them!!

Obviously, there are tons of posts on the Rockets.

There is a 'developing' thread on the new Mirage Omni's under 'Pocket Martin Logans'.

As far as a direct comparison, looking forward to you doing it!! With all the euphoria around the Rockets, I'd be pleased to hear Mirage uttered in the same breath!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
create-

Thanks very much for the link! I check eCoustics about once a week for new reviews of equipment I own or am considering. Somehow, I missed that one (or it wasn't there).

I know that the Rockets will sound quite different from the Mirages in terms of spaciousness and sound stage. I have always liked the bipolar sound.

I started out w/a DT BP2000 surround system, moved to the Mirage OM-6, OM-C2, OM-R2s and sub (unnecessary?). Added another pair of OM-R2s when 7.1 hit, and switched to the OM-7s which I preferred over the OM-6s except for the extreme low end, but I had a sub for that.

I preferred the Mirages over the DTs, but their spaciousness is similar. In looking over the Rocket posts, however, there were two posters who owned DT surround packages, one with the BP2000s, the other with BP2000tls, who thought the Rockets MUCH better than the DTs. I don't know how "wedded" they were to the bipolar sound. Hence, my question. Thanks again.

Bob

·
Registered
185 Posts
Since the Rocket's come with a 30 day return policy, you have little to lose aside from hassle and a few shipping $ if you don't keep them. Then, you can do that A/B comparison you were looking for!!

'Grassroots' reviews and comparisons are in great demand in this forum! I would love to hear what your comments in a 'Bi-Polar' vs 'Directional' shootout!!

If not, you can always check AudioEnvy to see if someone in W Hartford or nearby will let you listen to the Rocket's before dropping a dime on them!

Good luck!

·
Registered
515 Posts
:cool: Your system Mr.W ,is similiar to mine ,and while the rockets that I've heard do sound good, I'm not inclined to switch off of the omnipolar benifits right now...my room does not lend itself to the ideal placement needs of conventional speakers and most of my listening is of acoustic music and I have many seating positions...and while I also have ,in differant parts of my home, soft domes, metal domes, horn loaded compression tweets and electrostats, I have found that the PTH tweet in the Mirage has the crisp, clear highs that I enjoy without the harshness that plagues many metal dome tweeters....Rolled-off highs don't do much for me in this room with the particular set-up there...other applications, other possibilities....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE APPLICATION...or so I think........but then again I don't know a whole lot so YMMV :) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.