Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
package 2...750,200,300...300 for the sides but with my room the rears

should be either in wall or wall mounts. could i go with another pair of 300's or consider the 250's on a shelf or is their a pair of in walls that would mate well with the rockets.

·
Registered
799 Posts
For the two rear channels of 7.1 you should try to use direct radiated speaker such as the 250's or 150's if possible. Beside shelves there may be wall mount speaker brackets that will work with the Rockets' curve body and rear port. Folks @ AV123 should be able to point you to the right source.

PF

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I agree with PMF. The 150's should do nicely for HT, but if you want to squeeze out that last bit of performance for 7.1 music (ala Logic 7) the 250's might be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talking with steve and sean, the 300's are wall mounts but the rest of the line are floor or on stands. my rears will really only allow me to use in wall or wall mount but i'm not sure the 300's would be best suited for rears.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Many folks have found suitable wall mounts for their 150's and 250's. If you do a "search by post" search in the big Rocket thread you'll find some different types and even some pictures. The guys at AV123 can also point you in the right direction if you call them after the weekend.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...i appreciate your help...can't wait to get everything set up

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by storminorm
the rears should be either in wall or wall mounts. could i go with another pair of 300's
I am getting 300's for my rear (package 2), because I do not have room to mount 250's on the back wall (and a window along one side precludes side-mounted surrounds).

From discussing this with Steve @ AV123, it should work very well, similar to the 250's. However, he recommended mounting the 300's closer to the center of the back wall (instead of close to the side walls). In addition, because the rear-firing woofer is "out-of-phase" in the 300, to mount the "left" speaker as the rear-RIGHT and vice-versa. This will ensure the out-of-phase woofer fires into the side wall, instead of into the room.

I should get my package in early January, and expect I will spend a lot of time playing around with it! I have Rocket 150's in my bedroom already, so I'll probably A-B them with my 300's as rear surrounds to ensure I prefer the 300's :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rmassey
I'm facing the same issue..... I'm going to try a pair of 250s, but the placement is not ideal. I wish they offered a monopole speaker, like 150, in a 300 cabinet. B&W has a model like this, but I want to stick with Rockets, of course.
You could talk to Sean or Steve and talk to them about how to mod a pair of 300's yourself into a monopole design. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I believe it was discussed before.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did ask Sean once about taking a single 300 and making it two monos for ch 6/7, but it only has one XO and he said it would take quite a bit of time, so the cost would be prohibative. I'd certainly be willing to do it myself, if given instructions. I still think the one XO would present a problem.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sa-dono
You could talk to Sean or Steve and talk to them about how to mod a pair of 300's yourself into a monopole design. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I believe it was discussed before.

I've personally done this mod for several customers...just let me know and I will do it for you!

Sean

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by codemarine
Another option would be a pair of RSC100 center channels mounted on shelves.

--Steve
Hmmm interesting idea, perhaps for a 6.1 amp. I think I like the rewired mono 300s for a 7.1 configuration. Although I'm going to try the 250's out first. I'm inclined to try the Vifa tweeter all the way around with package #0 first and then maybe go with Mono 300s as plan B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.