AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need speakers for the bedroom -- which is not my decorating domain mind you -- in genuine Natural Cherry finish. All of the furniture there is Stickley in maple so they have to have nice cabinet quality but I can't afford another set of Linns like we have in the home theater.

The Rockets & Divas don't come in cherry, but otherwise they're exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.... what's my best 'super internet speaker deal' in light/natural (not red) cherry finish?

Other finishes are not, repeat not, an option, period.

thanks for recommendations,

KC

·
Registered
350 Posts
I own a pair of ACI Emerald LE. They are an extremely musical speaker that would serve you very well. They are available in a number of finishes including cherry.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
From my understanding, they went with one finish in order to save some money ... and the savings are passed onto the consummer. However, I hink I recall reading that a piano black version is in the makes.

From a decorating standpoint, it is actually NOT popular to use the same exact finish in a room that contains a lot of wood products. In general, the grain is more important to match. Obviously certain finishes do not go with others, but keeping the same finish uniformally in a room is not the way most people design rooms anymore. If your room only has a select few wood pieces, I could understand the concern. If however, there are lots of wood items ... I would consider purposfully having another wood color (as long as it mates well with the current wood).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What part of "not, repeat not, an option, period" didn't you understand?

:D

Sometimes I think if I'd said "anything but cherry will result in my instant death" somebody would have replied "Life is overrated...."

John - Thanks for your constructive reply but wow, those ACIs are just as expensive as Linn/B&W!

KC

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
ACI is just as expensive as B&W, but 2x the sound quality. While I haven't heard the Emeralds, I love my Sapphire IIIs. I have A/B compared my Sapphire IIIs against the Rocket 750s and overall I prefered the Sapphires (barely). The rockets are incredible, but so are the Sapphires.

In case you were wondering, they also come in black :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Quote:
What part of "not, repeat not, an option, period" didn't you understand?
:D

Just wondering if you could pull the 'contemporary interior design' card on your wife/GF ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
You could wait on the Onix ELT. It is going to be available in cherry (though I'm not yet quite sure if it will be a natural cherry) and maybe maple.

PS

It's not like your wife/gf can you kill you yet...I'm sure she still wants you to work for money to shop with :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ELT will be a cherry stained birch. Certainly lighter than 'standard' cherry.

All Rocket SKU's will be available in ebony in the next two months or so...they look black in low light and are a beautiful grained black/dark red/cherry in the light. That's the best I can do for you :)

Sean

·
Registered
703 Posts
Our cherry finish is a natural cherry. It is simply clear, satin, lacquer over the wood. No stains are used. Emeralds are currently backordered until right before Christmas. Realistically, orders placed at this time will likely ship the week after Christmas.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KC Coldbrook
I need speakers for the bedroom -- which is not my decorating domain mind you -- in genuine Natural Cherry finish. All of the furniture there is Stickley in maple so they have to have nice cabinet quality but I can't afford another set of Linns like we have in the home theater.

The Rockets & Divas don't come in cherry, but otherwise they're exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.... what's my best 'super internet speaker deal' in light/natural (not red) cherry finish?

Other finishes are not, repeat not, an option, period.

thanks for recommendations,

KC
Good Morning KC...

Our new ELT-1 system which should be shipping in February is in fact available only in a beautiful cherry stained birch finish... I call it cherry-stained birch... and I think I'm spot on for this... My wife loves it...

If you e-mail Sean... he can send you a jpg of the prototypes we have in our lab... [email protected]**********

BTW... my wife and I own Stickley as well in our dining room... we waited 5 months... and had to exchange one piece... but WOW... I just love their products... :)

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

·
Registered
349 Posts
My wife and I just put a 'wad' of money into living room furniture. We ended up with Ethan Allen American Impression's line of furniture in cherry/black finish (see enclosed picture). It really goes well with the plasma (Pioneer 433CMX), our A/V furniture from Salamander Design (in cherry/black), also. Our Royd speakers are also in cherry - notice the theme

We were just lucky it fell together.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.