AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I have been reading the posts on all the possible speaker types. I am starting a HT and I have a panasonic xr-55 and I was thinking about the rocket 5.1 package. The room is 13 x 13 but one wall is open into the kitchen and the ceiling goes up about 20'. The system will be used 70% for movies and 30% for music. I know the receiver is a 7.1 but I don't have a wall on one side for the side speakers. Also there are two versions of this package one with four of the same speakers and the other with dipole speakers. I have about $1000 to spend on speakers what do you think of my choice?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, since the system will be used primarily for HT, I'd say go for the dipoles. I actually use 4 dipoles(sides & rears) as I prefer a more diffused sound for my surrounds. But if you like more direct sound effect, then go with the regular speaker. Which wall is open to the kitchen, rear side or back wall?

Arnold

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Same here.. I have the 300's and love them. I did have towers on the sides and while they were great for music we rarely listen to music in this room. I am really glad to be back to dipoles.... Great pick by the way.. I love my Rockets! Great sale going on right now on a 550 package... Bigfoot (200) is the best center I have ever had or heard...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the side wall that opens to the kitchen so I would put the dipoles on the back wall behind the sofa.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Since the surrounds will be mounted on the back wall, I would still go with dipoles as I prefer a diffused surround sound. Some people have wired their rear dipoles to monopoles, I believe this provides a more direct sound.

Arnold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.