AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Getting ready to upgrade my speakers and ran across these Rockets. I noticed it's almost impossible to audition them. Checked out audioenvy already. So my question is which speaker line do these puppies come close to sounding like? Thanks in advance, Daman

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Thats such a relative question, you would probably get a pretty good idea just by reading the hundreds of posts about them on this forum. They dont sound like any other paticular brand ....

They probably sound *more* like the high end Polks and Energys and Boston Acoustics, and *less* like Klipsh, JBL, and Bose. I dunno haha...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by daman4799
Hi All, Getting ready to upgrade my speakers and ran across these Rockets. I noticed it's almost impossible to audition them. Checked out audioenvy already. So my question is which speaker line do these puppies come close to sounding like? Thanks in advance, Daman
Oh come on - They're easy to audition - it justs cost money to audition them - the shipping fee to you, then back to them if you happen not to like them. Get the weight+, or shipping weight of the speakers and go to fedex.com or ups.com and enter your zip code, you can find out exactly how much it would cost you to audition them (remember to double it, since it's just an "audition")

As they say, and anyone would agree the best way to audition speakers is in your listening environment.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Quote:
you might want to include your location in your profile so that we'd know where you are located...not all rocket owners register on audioenvy so if you state your location here, someone might see and extend you an invite...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Quote:
...Checked out audioenvy already...
hectic1,

he mentioned that he checked out audioenvy already...which is why i recommended he list his location...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Well... they are a unique sound to say the least... :)

It is important at the very minimum that you listen to the L/C/R you might want to purchase. These speakers were designed with Home Theater applications in mind... and the system "synergy" is important here...

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]********** if you have any further questions or concerns... all too happy to help...

I will also check with our guys back home to see if we have any systems in your general area...

I'm in Seoul at the moment, and will be here for several days recovering from a flu bug that has me down and out... but if you PM me... I'd be all too happy to phone you as well...

Thanks for your consideration...

All the best...

mls

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by iamnotmad
Oh come on - They're easy to audition - it justs cost money to audition them - the shipping fee to you, then back to them if you happen not to like them. Get the weight+, or shipping weight of the speakers and go to fedex.com or ups.com and enter your zip code, you can find out exactly how much it would cost you to audition them (remember to double it, since it's just an "audition")

As they say, and anyone would agree the best way to audition speakers is in your listening environment.
Now that you're here again iamnotmad... :)) )... let me instruct you a bit better on our behalf... O.K.

This does not work as we have a very special deal with Yellow Freight --- This deal is MUCH cheaper than just plugging in the weights and measures (don't forget dimm weight................ --- nah... that would be too easy... ;) ) and entering your zip... This would be larger than life $$$'s...

So... you're hired... but you need to study up a bit more before answering questions like this on a "Rocket Thread"... ;)

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

(also not mad... but I do have a Lab and he most definitely ain't cajun) :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark L. Schifter
Now that you're here again iamnotmad... :)) )... let me instruct you a bit better on our behalf... O.K.

This does not work as we have a very special deal with Yellow Freight --- This deal is MUCH cheaper than just plugging in the weights and measures (don't forget dimm weight................ --- nah... that would be too easy... ;) ) and entering your zip... This would be larger than life $$$'s...

So... you're hired... but you need to study up a bit more before answering questions like this on a "Rocket Thread"... ;)

mls

(also not mad... but I do have a Lab and he most definitely ain't cajun) :D
That's great- does that also work for return shipments, in case a person does not like them? I've had to ship equipment in the past and it ain't cheap, so any little bit helps.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
That's great- does that also work for return shipments, in case a person does not like them? I've had to ship equipment in the past and it ain't cheap, so any little bit helps.
You betcha red rider...

:)

mls

(Just knew I'd find you here this morning... You know what... I need to send you some speakers so you can get some first hand experience with our products and service... YOU pick the system... and I'll send it on MY dime... you just have to report what you think --- honestly and completely... E-mail if you get a moment at [email protected]********** --- we can finalize the details together... and the same goes for you cajunlab... I'm game if you are...)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mark, I would not want to have you send them to me simply for review purposes, knowing I would send them back. I would not purchase them, as I have no need for additional speakers right now, and am very happy with the ones I have. this is not to say I would not like to hear them sometime, I rather like auditioning speakers.

I have no doubt that your speakers sound fine anyway. I don't think quality is the issue for anyone who criticizes your company on these forums. It's simply a matter of the pervasiveness of you and your cohorts posting in a non-support, marketing-like manner.

The fact is you DO encourage people to audition your speakers on the forums, but in order to do that in your case they usually have to BUY them and anyone who's been in sales know's that's a huge huge step (to have them in the buyers home, hooked up). They got them in, they sound "good" and they don't want the hassle of packing them back up and sending them back. After all how could all those people on the boards be wrong? ;)

The difference between you posting and others posting about your speakers is that you have something to GAIN, that's why it seems inappropriate for the forums.

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
Quote:
Mark, I would not want to have you send them to me simply for review purposes, knowing I would send them back. I would not purchase them, as I have no need for additional speakers right now, and am very happy with the ones I have. this is not to say I would not like to hear them sometime, I rather like auditioning speakers.

I have no doubt that your speakers sound fine anyway. I don't think quality is the issue for anyone who criticizes your company on these forums. It's simply a matter of the pervasiveness of you and your cohorts posting in a non-support, marketing-like manner.

The fact is you DO encourage people to audition your speakers on the forums, but in order to do that in your case they usually have to BUY them and anyone who's been in sales know's that's a huge huge step (to have them in the buyers home, hooked up). They got them in, they sound "good" and they don't want the hassle of packing them back up and sending them back. After all how could all those people on the boards be wrong? ;)

The difference between you posting and others posting about your speakers is that you have something to GAIN, that's why it seems inappropriate for the forums.
;)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:

I certainly appreciate your opinion and your comments...

I would very much like to address them better in the (my) morning... it's late in Seoul and I'm heading off to bed...

I will say this though... I notice lots of other manufacturers, dealers, re-sellers etc. posting their opinions and positions... and even... out and out "buy our stuff" posts complete with quoted numbers... My question is why are we singled out... I guess the answer is because we are successful and there are many truly satisfied folks that stand in testimony to that...

We stay in threads where we are named in the header... and yet... you post about our having something to gain... What better place (I ask YOU) should we appear... than in threads where people are asking legitimate questions about our products? This is the question I keep asking myself about my posting here on avs. It seems only fair to me that we should be "allowed" to answer these questions (asked about our products) and hopefully even make a sale from it...

I will admit to you though that I have appeared in other threads... but it's ALWAYS to offer advice --- or how to fix something in a support mode... and I NEVER bring up our products... I want to be a part of this community in a positive way... not JUST to sell or market my products...

I really don't know iamnotmad why you chose to single us out in thread after thread about our products... perhaps you can answer that one for me... My record on this forum speaks for itself... and I'm not embarrassed one single bit by it... We stand in service of our brand... and our end users, and there are plenty of posts in support of this... So, why us... and why do you single out our brand... I think I actually know the answer... but I will wake up and hopefully find your reply to this burning question...

I notice the same three or four people popping up all the time about this... even Kipp has appeared again with his ;) Good to know we are still on HIS radar also... and BTW... my offer still stands about our products and our services...

Looking forward to your reply...

Good Evening...

mls

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Why dont you guys just drop it about Mark posting here. He is one of the most knowledgeable people onthis forum when it comes to HT and speakers. Not just his own company but all companies.

He could be the typical business man and only plug his stuff. He could be deceptive and post as someone else. He could do a lot of things that many, many typical business owners would do to get the sale. He doesn't.

He has made many recommendations for those who arent interested in rockets. He continues to talk up the Energy, Polk Lsi, and etc... models because he believe they have quality parts and a good sounding speaker. Although you claim this is just another plot by AV123 to make even more money by being nice:confused: ???? I really dont understand the beef you guys have with him posting here. He has something to gain by selling his product, yes, but he is not force feeding nor pressuring anyone to buy his product. He is very familiar with the Rockets, knows all there is to know, recommends them if he sees a fit, discourages if they arent a fit.....boy, if thats bad salesmanship, I dont know what the heck you are used to.

I am sorry though Mark, usually when someone says one thing nice about you, the idiots and the nay-sayers come out in droves to bat them off. So get ready to get flamed again I guess, but its getting old all you guys just talking bad so much about the people at 123.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
iamnotmad, I have had a number of contacts with av123 and I feel they are pervasive....If you look at the thread on this or any forum it's not av123 starting the threads, it is people who either own or are excited about their products. I find it unbelievable that you would fault them for answering questions about their products. They take a great deal of time finding out what your needs are and making sure that the set/package are the right fit for YOU!

Quote:
The fact is you DO encourage people to audition your speakers on the forums, but in order to do that in your case they usually have to BUY them and anyone who's been in sales know's that's a huge huge step (to have them in the buyers home, hooked up). They got them in, they sound "good" and they don't want the hassle of packing them back up and sending them back. After all how could all those people on the boards be wrong?
You are 100% right here. They do encourage people to audition their products on the forums. This is done for a simple reason, to make sure that they have found the right speaker for the customer. Have you checked out www.audioenvy.com ? I would guess not, but a lot of other people have. I have done at least 5 auditions in the 3 months that I have owned Rockets and have had requests for at least 10 more. The only reason that I wasn't able to fill the other requests is b/c my system has been down for the last month while I was moving. I will be hosting auditions again starting this weekend and they are FREE!!!

Quote:
Ok, so when Kipp walks into our local tweeter they don't have something to gain by talking to him about Klipsch??? What is to say that you don't work for Tweeter and are pushing other speakers for your benefit. Mark is upfront with people about his affiliation with av123. If you aren't smart enough to figure out that he does have a vested interest in his products then I don't think that I would listen to any advise that you had to give anyway!

Kipp, that was the most informative post I have seen from you in a long time!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SevenVII
Why dont you guys just drop it about Mark posting here. He is one of the most knowledgeable people onthis forum when it comes to HT and speakers. Not just his own company but all companies.

He could be the typical business man and only plug his stuff. He could be deceptive and post as someone else. He could do a lot of things that many, many typical business owners would do to get the sale. He doesn't.

He has made many recommendations for those who arent interested in rockets. He continues to talk up the Energy, Polk Lsi, and etc... models because he believe they have quality parts and a good sounding speaker. Although you claim this is just another plot by AV123 to make even more money by being nice:confused: ???? I really dont understand the beef you guys have with him posting here. He has something to gain by selling his product, yes, but he is not force feeding nor pressuring anyone to buy his product. He is very familiar with the Rockets, knows all there is to know, recommends them if he sees a fit, discourages if they arent a fit.....boy, if thats bad salesmanship, I dont know what the heck you are used to.

I am sorry though Mark, usually when someone says one thing nice about you, the idiots and the nay-sayers come out in droves to bat them off. So get ready to get flamed again I guess, but its getting old all you guys just talking bad so much about the people at 123.
;)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.