AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone audition M&Ks before buying the Rockets?

Particularly the MK II 750THX, since the price point is similar.

I've been to audioenvy and it's quit a drive to the nearest Rockets owner.

·
Registered
189 Posts
M&K's are awesome on Home Theater applications, but IMHO seem to lack a little when it comes to pure stereo or HiFi applications. Appear to be quite bright (and Im used to some brightness b/c I own B&Ws).

I have never heard the Rockets so I cannot compare the two sound wise.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I listened to an M&K 10.2 setup at Bjorns in San Antonio this summer. I don't know what models they were as they were screened, but I was surprised to find myself thinking I would take my 5.1 Rocket over them any day.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Rockets were about the only speakers I did not get a chance to listen to before getting my M&K's. However the M&Ks sound better to my ears than anything else I had auditioned so I got um and I love um!

They are awesome for HT, just like being at the movies. Some are critical of the two channel music sound, personally I think they sound stunning with two channel but where they really shine is with SACD, DVD-A, and DTS multi channel music. The music industry is rapidly head this direction anyway so regardless which set up you choose make sure it has good multichannel music play back.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.