AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In an early announcement to retailers, MGM/UA has revealed plans to bring 'Rocky: The Undisputed Collection' to Blu-ray this fall.

All six films in Sylvester Stallone's 'Rocky' franchise will be gathered together in a high-definition collection this November 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Specs and details have yet to be revealed, but suggested list price for the Blu-ray collection has been set at $99.99.
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...r_Blu-ray/3289

I hope they finally give us some extras for the sequels, also hope the 1st Rocky

is the awesome SE they released on DVD a couple years back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I hope the artwork is better for this collection then the UK release with a computer animated Rocky figure that have no resemblence to Stallone what so ever.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Amazon US now has this up for pre-order , with a date of November 3. (Amazon UK is/was supposedly saying 10/27 on their end, according to the HDD thread.)

Dragoooooooo!

·
Registered
93 Posts
damn i dont want part 5 and 6. they are dead to me.

guess ill have to wait for indivdual special editions.

i would have bought rocky but its too barebones.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrudy /forum/post/17084245

damn i dont want part 5 and 6. they are dead to me...

+1

Hopefully they won't do like was done with the Spiderman series where they are only available as a set. I personally liked all 3 but not everyone did. As for Rocky, I haven't seen the 6th one but I could care less about the 5th one. Hopefully the movies will be available individually.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I like this news, but I already bought 1 and 6. I want to know if they will be offering the other 4 individually.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolisdead /forum/post/17102585

I like this news, but I already bought 1 and 6. I want to know if they will be offering the other 4 individually.

Same here

·
Registered
711 Posts
I used to hate Rocky V until I caught the marathon on MGMHD last year. Over the course of a weekend, I watched the first film on Blu-ray and then DVRed recordings of II through V from MGMHD and, finally, Rocky Balboa on Blu-ray.

Rocky II looked pretty much like the Rocky Blu-ray. III and IV were better and V looked about as good as a film from the early '90s can look in HD. Now, I had only ever watched 'Rocky V' in it's entirety once prior to this. I hated it and always avoided it throughout the years since.

Watching the films back-to-back, I found Rocky V to be much better than I had remembered and actually liked it, a lot. I think the secret to enjoying the fifth film is to have the first 4 fresh on your mind going in. For those who haven't seen, Rocky Balboa - you are missing out on the best film in the series since Rocky II.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 /forum/post/17088310

Hopefully the transfers are better than the first one. I've not seen the first movie on blu but reviews state it's only a slight upgrade over the original DVD.

It can be excessively grainy at times, but when you consider it's age and the low-quality film stock that was used, overall, it looks very good. I have a feeling that MGM will be using the same HD masters that were used for the MGMHD broadcast. If that's the case, Rocky I and II will look about the same but III, IV and V will get progressively better. Rocky Balboa already looks great on Blu-ray.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq /forum/post/17109780

It can be excessively grainy at times, but when you consider it's age and the low-quality film stock that was used, overall, it looks very good. I have a feeling that MGM will be using the same HD masters that were used for the MGMHD broadcast. If that's the case, Rocky I and II will look about the same but III, IV and V will get progressively better. Rocky Balboa already looks great on Blu-ray.

Glad this set is coming in at a decent price...

I havent seen the first on blu-ray or MGM HD, but I caught Rocky II on MGMHD one day and immediately could tell it was better than DVD quality. I only saw the scene where Mickey slaps him upside the head (Gotta love Mick) to prove that he cant see well out of one of his eyes (which surprisingly is fine in the rest of the movies). Wanted to wait for blu-ray to rewatch these movies all in order. Held off on part 1 because I knew they'd eventually release the whole set.

I would say 1, 2 and 6 were the good movies, but 3, 4 and 5 were the cheesy but easier to rewatch movies ( well maybe not 5). Rocky IV especially is the easiest to rewatch... One big music video with a great collection of motivational songs that make you want to work out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i think the price is low enough at 67 that i can actually buy this even though i only want the first four. it would take years to get them all seperately.

any info on the extras? or will it be barebones.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts