AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogers HD Hardware Drop-Out Problems

234 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  taylor 
#1 ·
I'm still (had the unit since December) experiencing dropouts with the HD2000 unit. Often what will happen is the image will flicker, audio will disappear and then a couple seconds later so will the picture, I have to push the "info" button to get the audio and picture back. Brutally annoying, can happen as much as 10 times an hour or once.

This does not appear to happen on "analog" channels, however they do pause and jerk and all like it was loosing it's digital signal (though I suspect the unit itself is barfing)

Anyone (still) experiencing these problems?

#3 ·
So, why don't you guys call can get the 3100HD?

I initially had a 2000HD, and got the 3100HD after calling and discussing problems I'd had.

#4 ·
There has been quite a bit of discussion about over-heating problems with Scientific America's 2000HD. (You might have more luck with searches using this model format.) It appears the add-on HDTV module to SA's original 2000 converter may have strained the power supply. One 2000HD user in Texas fixed his problems by replacing power supply capacitors.

My 2000HD has similar problems, but not as bad as you describe. The unit should be run in the open to aid cooling, sitting on its feet for better air circulation. I find when some channels won't display at all, rebooting the unit by unplugging it or holding down the ON switch until 'reboot' appears to solve the problem. Some are getting their 2000HDs replaced with the newer SA3100HD.

Also, in a related 'glitch', Time Warner in NYC has been adding more digital cable channels and is supposedly working to restore ABC, Fox, and PBS H/DTV channels. As a result, believe I'm beginning to see hints of overcrowding on our 750+-MHz fiber/coax system. While it's not severe, macroblocking when motion occurs within scenes (non-HDTV) is becoming more frequent. Even saw some MPEG-2 motion macroblocking on a pay-per-view movie last night. -- John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.