AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Rokit RP8 (specs) (img) studio monitors. They are self powered. I'm using a Presonus Firebox (specs ) (img) to output the signal from my computer through balanced TRS cables.

How would I setup a theater(Playstation 3, movies..) through them? The PS3 has HDMI out and TOSlink out. Monitors have RCA, XLR and Balanced in. How can I control the monitors? The Firebox only works with the computer, no?

I guess what I'm wondering is if I'm going to need some sort of nonpowered D/A converter receiver to control the signal. No idea where to begin looking for that.

Some ideas, articles or any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabo /forum/post/19573359

I have a pair of Rokit RP8 (specs) (img) studio monitors. They are self powered. I'm using a Presonus Firebox (specs ) (img) to output the signal from my computer through balanced TRS cables.

How would I setup a theater(Playstation 3, movies..) through them? The PS3 has HDMI out and TOSlink out. Monitors have RCA, XLR and Balanced in. How can I control the monitors? The Firebox only works with the computer, no?

I guess what I'm wondering is if I'm going to need some sort of nonpowered D/A converter receiver to control the signal. No idea where to begin looking for that.

Some ideas, articles or any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Any AV receiver with pre-outs will do it for you. Use HDMI or S/PDIF to connect all sources to receiver, and then RCA to TRS cables from receiver pre-outs to your speakers.

You should be able to find receiver you need for $500 or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts