AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Roku 2 XS which had been doing great on a 10 foot hdmi running to my projector. Recently I moved into another room and now I am running 50 feet through the ceiling to the projector. The Roku is struggling to get a signal through. I also have my computer video running through another 50 foot hdmi to the projector with no issues.

Is the Roku weak? Is there a boosting option for the signal?

What about wireless options? -I know I could get a Roku stick but then getting audio back to my audio rig would mean running a 50 foot RCA.

I do not have an AVR - I feed all my video directly from the sources to the projector.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Look at monoprice for an active hdmi cable. Normal hdmi is good for only 30feet. Active cables are directional so make sure you watch how you install it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm having a similar issue. Purchased an HDMI "injector" that injects voltage onto the cable right at the Roku unit. It's supposed to come today. If interested, I can post my results tomorrow.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes, please post your results, and include information sufficient to identify the "injector" product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts