AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this in another thread but it got lost among the discussion, so I never got an answer, so will try one more time.

When using the Roku box with Netflix, if I want to select just one episode of a TV show, and not the whole season, is that possible? So far I just haven't seen a way to do it...I thought I was selecting one episode, but I got the whole season instead. It's happened twice now, and I'm stumped.

I've looked all over on the Netflix site and can't find an answer there, either. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

DGK

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I really don't think there's a way to do that for the Roku. You always get the full season of that series and then have to drill down into the menu to select the individual show you want. I know if you are online and select an individual episode to "Watch Instantly" that episode will remain at the top of your Watch Instantly queue as one of the last three "Recently Watched" programs. Unfortunately that part of the queue doesn't show up on the Roku.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster /forum/post/16944359

I really don't think there's a way to do that for the Roku. You always get the full season of that series and then have to drill down into the menu to select the individual show you want. I know if you are online and select an individual episode to "Watch Instantly" that episode will remain at the top of your Watch Instantly queue as one of the last three "Recently Watched" programs. Unfortunately that part of the queue doesn't show up on the Roku.

Thanks for replying! That's what I kind of figured, but I just wanted to make sure. Guess I'll just work around it, until they figure out a way around that (if they ever do).

DGK

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar /forum/post/16949947

Personally I doubt they ever will.... writing the interface so each episode would be separate would make it far busier than just keeping each show listed as the whole series.

Yeah you're probably right. I guess if I want to watch an episode at a time, I'll have to rent the DVD, not use the Roku...which is the same result in the end anyway (except I get a few episodes at a time instead of the whole season), which if I think about it now, is also a PITA.

Ah well. I'll live with the quirks. I really like the Roku in all other aspects!

DGK

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I think you will realize after thinking about it some that having the whole season at a time is actually better than any other way. I know I certainly would not want each episode listed individually with the current look (with the line of coverart). Imagine having 22 individual covers lined up just to have a season there.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKaye07 /forum/post/16957088

Yeah you're probably right. I guess if I want to watch an episode at a time, I'll have to rent the DVD, not use the Roku...which is the same result in the end anyway (except I get a few episodes at a time instead of the whole season), which if I think about it now, is also a PITA.

Ah well. I'll live with the quirks. I really like the Roku in all other aspects!

DGK

Each episode is listed on a menu list that expands from the series selection. It's really no big deal to select the one you want to watch - as easy as chapters on a DVD in fact.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Two or three people have tried to explain to you that selecting a TV show does not in any way determine how you watch the episodes for that year.

If you have a TV show in your Netflix queue when you select it the first time it defaults to episode 1 ( or the first episode available to view ) but if you don't want to watch that episode just select the "choose another episode" option and pick the episode you want to watch. You can watch them in any order you want and you can choose to only watch the episodes you want.

HTH ... Tim

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJordan /forum/post/16963829

Two or three people have tried to explain to you that selecting a TV show does not in any way determine how you watch the episodes for that year.

If you have a TV show in your Netflix queue when you select it the first time it defaults to episode 1 ( or the first episode available to view ) but if you don't want to watch that episode just select the "choose another episode" option and pick the episode you want to watch. You can watch them in any order you want and you can choose to only watch the episodes you want.

HTH ... Tim

I understood it the first time. Thanks for the reply, though.

DGK

·
Registered
137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenDog /forum/post/17083047

Can the Roku be hooked into A/V (Denon 3808 in my case) rather than directly into TV?

Using HDMI seems unnecessary out of Roku. Agree?

Thanks

I have my Roku hooked up to my Denon 2807 by component, and the Denon converts it to HDMI to send to my TV through my single HDMI cable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.