AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Roku Express 3900x seems to be getting slower and slower responding to remote commands when navigating through Roku menus or navigating within an app/channel (such as Xfinity for example). I often need to hit the arrow or select button 2 or 3 times to get it to take unless I wait for a half a second or a full second before hitting it again.

My 3900x is currently running 9.4.0 build 4200-51 -- but it seems to have been slowing down over the past year or so rather than being tied to any individual firmware version. Other than the slow remote command response, it works perfectly, but missed commands or waiting an unnaturally long time between button presses is driving me crazy.

My question -> Has anybody else experienced this with their Express and is there a solution? The Express is cheap enough that I wouldn't mind buying the latest 3930r Express to replace it if that would fix it, but from what little I could find about 3900 vs 3930, there didn't seem to be much performance difference. I don't have space for an Roku Ultra on that TV.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I would Factory Reset it if there is such thing on this device, then u can try controlling via smartphone see how that works, after that there is not much else u can do.

I personally never buy express or sticks, SIZE matters to me, electronics performance is coupled with dissipation power and a tinny device gotta give up performance in exchange for their tinny sizes, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally never buy express or sticks, SIZE matters to me, electronics performance is coupled with dissipation power and a tinny device gotta give up performance in exchange for their tinny sizes, but that's just me.
I have 3 Ultras in the house, but for the under-the-counter kitchen TV, I have no room for an Ultra. I also need IR support to use the same remote for TV and Roku, so the Express is the only possible choice for that TV.

I was expecting more people to chime in with their experiences -- now I'm wondering if I am the only one experiencing this slow-down on the Express.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts