AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to cancel all but limited basic cable for locals and use mostly online stuff along with netflix. I have a win7 pc in my bedroom/office corner that has a dual hybird tuner in it. I use that with media center and netflix for now. what I want if I kill most of the cable I pay for and hardly watch is something to add to my living room to watch streaming on. the living room set is a 40' samsung 1080p. I am looking a Roku XD because its inexpensive and does netflix along with other things that are free. how ever I don't think it can do Hulu for free or stream recorded shows form my PC. I looked at xbox but I am not a gamer and dont want to pay any extra fee to use the internet so I can access content. what ever I choose I want it to be low cost, small if possable,be able to work wirelessly and it would be nice if my harmony 650 remote could control it. what do you guys that know more about what is out there think I should look at?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Free Hulu is only on PC. Any other platform has paid Hulu Plus only.

Additionally, accessing specific channels' websites is more or less PC only. If the channel doesn't have an app/"channel" on Roku now, assume it won't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts