AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two windows behind my couch which let in a lot of light. I am looking for a roll up shade that I can mount behind the couch and pull up to block the windows. When the screen is pulled up I could hang the end on a hook or something, but when I let the screen down it must be spring loaded so that it rolls up properly.

The minimum width is 104" but a couple of inches wider would be great.

I have attached a pic of the area that I am trying to cover. The couches are usually together, but I need to mount the Dwin on the ceiling this weekend.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The problem with a roll-up blackout cloth screen is going to be waves and ripples in the material. Blackout cloth is best suited for fixed screens where the material is stretched tight across a frame.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yes, the blackout must be stretched, IMHO.

I would suggest a roll-up Matte White Da-Lite 4:3 screen. That would block the light and hang much better due to a firm backing material.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe I came across wrong. I am only looking to block light and I do not care if it hangs flat, my screen is on the other wall.

I am just trying to cover two windows with something that I could hide behind the couch when not in use.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Oh, well then by all means do it. I have a couple of blackout curtains in my house for that purpose, and they work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.