Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am about to make a purchase of a plasma TV. I have been doing some research, but would love to hear from you guys on the sets you think will fit the bill.

Here is what I would like:
  • HDTV
  • Integrated tuner
  • HMDI input
  • mountable using articulated wall mount
  • PC input
  • integrated/optional speakers
  • no more than 4500

I will be using the set in my living room with my ceiling 6.1 system (Yamaha RX-V1500, SVS PB10, Phillips multi region DVD).

I am not a movie buff, but I do enjoy the experience of a home cinema type environment. I havent convinced the wife to give a room up to this hobby yet, so everything has to be in living room, so I guess I am just a amatuer!

I started looking at the Sony KDE-50XS955, but realised that because of it's subwoofer it cannot be mounted using anything other than Sony's flat wall mount. Now I am looking at the Panny 50PX500U, this one is really appealling to me right now because it hits all my requirements and comes with a table top stand - which means I could use this temporarily while i build a false wall in my entertainment niche - saves me rushing around.

I am extremely open to ideas about units and also about where to buy. Let me know your expert opinion, I am waiting with eager anticipation.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you may be able to extend.

Steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
Steve,

I think the Panny TH-50PX500U would be a very good choice. I do lean in the direction of the Pio's but the Panny TH-50PX500U is a very close second in my personal preference. (Since the Pio's have STBs, they are out in this case.)

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you are evnetually going to a wall mount, the Pioneer with the media receiver may be your best bet in that all of your connections can be made at the media box, except for the media lead and the power cord which you will have to run to the panel on the wall. Other units without the media receiver, (like the Panny mentioned), require you to run ALL of the cables up the wall to the panel, which can be much more work.

Personally I'd wait for the soon to be released pioneer 5060; see other threads here on the new Pio's.

·
Registered
447 Posts
thebishman,

The 5060 is the one I am waiting to see too. I hope it is good as the initial reposts suggest.

Take Care,

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.