AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the roccat kone+ to give it a try. Tinker have you ever tried this mouse out? since you probably have every one ever made? lol

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
No, I like the RAT7 and MS Sidewinder (original). I think I am done with mouses for now.

ADD: all my money has been going into stuff for my Sim racing rig lately. Now that stuff is expensive. I am broke...

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the rat7 for 3 weeks and though it is a great mouse, it's was just to big for the area my mouse pad is setup in. So I figured I'd give the kone+ a try. It's been getting smoking great reviews and at $100 isn't too pricey.

BTW that setup looks like the sh*&!! I bet it's fun as hell!!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter /forum/post/19594475

Tinker, very slick setup....but at the same time I'm gonna have to call in for an intervention....driving gloves AND SHOES?! LOL
Expect a visit from A&E man, it's for your own good.

-Trouble

Actually I don't wear those Oakey race shoes much except for really long races. I use socks or Simboots (a neoprene sim race shoe), the FANATEC pedals are alum, hard to press (esp the load cell brake) and cold if I go barefoot even tho it's a better feel. Gloves is a must with any real racing wheel when you go for four hour stints even if it lessen the feel a little. Blisters and calluses build up. Rig is still a WIP.

Sorry N8DOGG , didn't want to hijack thread

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/19596113

Actually I don't wear those Oakey race shoes much except for really long races. I use socks or Simboots (a neoprene sim race shoe), the FANATEC pedals are alum, hard to press (esp the load cell brake) and cold if I go barefoot even tho it's a better feel. Gloves is a must with any real racing wheel when you go for four hour stints even if it lessen the feel a little. Blisters and calluses build up. Rig is still a WIP.

Sorry N8DOGG , didn't want to hijack thread

Well, I kind of made the thread to see if you had tried one lol.

What kind of Wheel is that? I'd like to try out stuff like that. I doubt I've have the whole setup like yours but who knows, might be addictive

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG /forum/post/19600179

Well, I kind of made the thread to see if you had tried one lol.

What kind of Wheel is that? I'd like to try out stuff like that. I doubt I've have the whole setup like yours but who knows, might be addictive

Well you asked, here is more info then you wanted...
. It's an after market clone 350mm MOMO wheel and a custom made wheel plate with Leo Bodnar's SLI-Pro display, buttons and switches. It's mounted on a Logitech G25 steering wheel hub via a Chilicoke adapter. The AutoMeter tacho is attached to a Symprojects Rev-burner and the two other digital displays are from Symprojects also, a GI-Max for the gear and a SPI-D for the speed. I am still waiting on the real 320mm MOMO Mod 88 steering wheel to come, its been over a month, the seller from the US prob didn't have the wheel in stock and just cross shipped from the the MOMO warehouse. It took 24 days to leave the US and now its taken 7 days to clear CDN customs. Pedals are FANATEC Club Sport Pedals (CSP). The rig is an Obutto Ozone and there is a Buttkicker attached to the frame. Also a FREX Seq shifter to the right.

ADD: Triple ASUS 23.6" monitors with Nvidia Surround SLI GTX295 x 2. Sim on screen is rFactor.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I've been playing with this mouse for about a week and can honestly say, it's the best mouse I've ever used. The build quality is extremely good and the texture is super fine, it almost feels like silk or something. The software has so many options, it's just amazing. The changeable mouse led slits down the mouse's body are very cool (right now I have them on heartbeat and they pulse with all sorts of colors) Thats kinda cheesy but still looks great. The 6000dpi is useful in BF:BC2 for flying and the tanks. It also tells you through you speakers what dpi you set it to!

It's very accurate and can self ajust for whatever surface your playing on with a quick click on the calibrate button.

Roccat Kone+ gets an easy 5 out of 5 from me and is my new everyday and gaming mouse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.