AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a JBL Northridge EC25 center speaker, a Velodyne 10" sub, and old, inexpensive Infinity fronts and rears. I have a wife factor of not getting very large rears that I'd like to put on stands but the fronts don't have to be as small because they're going in my entertainment center top shelves. I wanted to stay around $400 or less but can go a little higher if necessary.

I've considered the Athena Micra $300 system I found on Amazon and then just use my Velodyne sub and or my JBL center. I've also considered JBL E30's for my fronts and the Athena Micra's for my rears (JBL E10's are a little big for the rears I think).

I'm open to any suggestions even if it is to scrap what I currently have and buy a new cohesive system (like maybe the Ventriloquist VT-12)

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

~Multimedia Man

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that my livingroom is about 400 square feet. I just had some hardwood flooring put in and the installer wired my room just right so this is the time to make changes.

I'm jonesing for any advice anyone might have.

~MM

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well, this isn't advice on what type of speakers to get (as I've never really researched that price range), but I can tell you that you really ought to have quite a few rugs; hardwood floors are killer on acoustics. It won't really matter at that point what speaker you get, because your room will by far be your limiting factor in audio quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.