Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I finally got around to testing my bg1208s

(I tested it when it arrived but only to make sure all tubes light up and they did -))

I will be mounting to the ceiling at some point (I am interested in a mount if anyone knows of one for sale) but for now it is on a table so I can play and learn a little before it lift it.

I have a couple of questions that I hope people can help me with.

1) First I guess I should find out how to reset it to factory defaults, is this advisable?? I am thinking it is because I have already set up a "memories" and when I figure out what I am doing I will need to start fresh -)

2) I have a DVD player hooked up to the rby input on the projector but I can not get the dvd to project? I have gone through setup and tweaked it a little but I can't get a picture. I am thinking I need to pick the input source but don't know how. When I start up the projector I get the barco logo, then I get to choose to setup the projector but it says "no input source connected" even though I have the DVD going straight into it.

May someone can help me fix what it is I am doing wrong. Thx

·
Registered
549 Posts
1)

You don't need to set to factory defaults, just make sure that you go into the service menu and return all settings to Mid Position before commencing your installation.

2)

You need to select input 5 or 95, or 4 or 94 assuming that you are connected to port 4/5

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thx for the info,

can you help me with the port. I am using the 4/5 port but where do I set this to be the input that will be used?

thx

·
Registered
968 Posts
What he meant by select was press 4 or 5 or 94 or 95 on the keypad and that will select that particular input. 4 and 94 are the same, 5 and 95 are the same, but the 9# option allows you to set up two slightly differently.

Now, you're saying that you hooked up your DVD player's component video output rby to input Port 4/5 though. I believe to input component video you actually have to press 6 (or 96) to tell the projector you're using component video.

I believe the keypad selections are:

1/91 - Composite (input Port 1)

2/92 - s-video (port 2)

3/93 - various RGB types (port 3)

4/94 - RGsB (port 4/5)

5/95 - RGBs/RGBHV (port 4/5)

6/96 - component video (port 4/5)

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thx for the help and the great info. I will check it out first this this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

.so much to learn -)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.