AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My living room rebuild is finally coming to an end. All of the sheetrock has been replaced, all walls were insulated, prewired for 7.1, and paint was finished today. Flooring, trim, and can lights will go in next week. So, it's time to pick a projector. Budget is

The questions are...

What size of screen would you suggest for a 13' wall and 12' viewing distance?

Is there a projector that will give this screen size with a 15' throw?

And finally what projectors should I spend my time on researching to meet my needs?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Your screen size should be about 106" diagonal.

If you want to put projector on a shelf, you'll need an LCD with lens shift. LCD will really limit your choices under $1,000.

I would re-consider and use a ceiling mount with a DLP projector. You will have a lot more choices under $1,000.

Go to Projectorcentral.com, click on "Feature Search", then enter your criteria. The prices will not be street prices though.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeitout /forum/post/18274852

I tried the suggested website, but it only shows 2 pjs in my price range, the Optima HD20 and HD65...??

what about the Vivitek H1080FD ?

if u can spend another $300 u will have better choices

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could, but $1000 is the very limit for the pj. Still have to buy all of the other electronics for the room (have no speakers, sub, reciever, etc...). All I have at this point is a PS3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts