AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
What do I have to do ? :) I have no clue..
Carpets or throw rugs in front of your speakers, acoustic panels on some of those bare walls, heavy curtains/drapes that can close when in use on the windows (and open when not in use, or not critical) and possibly something with the ceiling, but leave that for "at the very last" type thing. But that floor is just casting reflections all over. Tame it with absorption material and material that disperses and disrupts the wavefront to calm major reflections (an easy way to see a reflection point is to use a mirror; place it somewhere and if you can see the speaker in the reflection from your listening position.... that's a reflection point to treat).

Very best,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you su much guys!!.. I will put in a rug and try the minidsp. Those pictures have to go? I will look into GIK panels.

I was actually about to place the order today for r11s and this salamander cabinet but then I decided to call Kef to get their recommendation.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
If you existing audio rack is not a built in, next time try a rack that is shorter, to give the center channel more room to breathe. It is crowded between the tv and cabinet which is a tough sport for a speaker.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You can make DIY acoustic panels with the art of your choice. Here's a popular thread discussing how

Those pictures have to go?

·
Registered
713 Posts
One of the sub is in the cabinet.. on the left.. The other one is in the back.
I might be full of.... But a sub in a cabinet to me is not right. And since the O. P is receptive to suggestions. When running room correction. The less noise in the enviroment during the calibration the better. No kids playing or dogs barking. No dinner being made. It makes a big difference in the outcome. Think funeral. 🤫

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I might be full of.... But a sub in a cabinet to me is not right. And since the O. P is receptive to suggestions. When running room correction. The less noise in the enviroment during the calibration the better. No kids playing or dogs barking. No dinner being made. It makes a big difference in the outcome. Think funeral. 🤫
Yep, That's the plan..
The problem is there is no other place to put the sub unless I get rid of the cabinet and install the salamander cabinet.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yep, That's the plan..
The problem is there is no other place to put the sub unless I get rid of the cabinet and install the salamander cabinet.
So you dont have the subs yet? I cant tell from the picture if its there now. Too dark.
Besides the main placement issue i would think putting an enclosed box in and enclsed box would really muck with the engineering of the sub. Also the issue of the amp getting proper ventalation depending on clearances.
Subs cant be put just anywhere if you want to maximize output either. Where you have the dog crate would likely be better as a start. Put a lamp on it and you have a table.
I also agree with the recommendations on reflections.
Regards Rich

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So you dont have the subs yet? I cant tell from the picture if its there now. Too dark.
Besides the main placement issue i would think putting an enclosed box in and enclsed box would really muck with the engineering of the sub. Also the issue of the amp getting proper ventalation depending on clearances.
Subs cant be put just anywhere if you want to maximize output either. Where you have the dog crate would likely be better as a start. Put a lamp on it and you have a table.
I also agree with the recommendations on reflections.
Regards Rich
I do have the subs. One of them is inside the cabinet where you see speaker grill. The other one is in the back behind the sofa. I can put it where the crate is. I didn't understand the comment about enclosed box.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Enclosed box being the sub, enclosed box being the furniture your putting it in. Again i cant see the pic well enough but by your description the sub is enclosed inside the unit. It would be something to measure for sure to see the effects in or out once ypu get umik/dsp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Enclosed box being the sub, enclosed box being the furniture your putting it in. Again i cant see the pic well enough but by your description the sub is enclosed inside the unit. It would be something to measure for sure to see the effects in or out once ypu get umik/dsp.
got it. thanks. I will measure with the sub as is and and outside as well.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts