AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Room is open in the back but due to a bar on the back wall, the length is limited to 18 feet.

Theater area dimensions are 18L 16W 8H.

Want two rows of seating and a screen of at least 100" (pj of course).

I'm worried about the front row getting too close to the screen. A 6.5 foot deep riser for the back row puts the front row around 11 feet from the screen.

Any thoughts on setup and screen size? My projector budget is $3500-$5000 if that matters. Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
10' from a 100" screen is perfectly fine. I have exactly that. Your bigger challenge will the surround speakers, as seating is against the L side wall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Roger. Although it shows against the wall, it will have some space between the wall and seats. Probably not enough but the other side has a support pole that limits placement the other direction.

I'm using an AT screen but it looks like only the middle will be behind the screen to allow the L and R to have some spread.

The outside seats near the wall will usually only be occupied for sports so hopefully that will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.