AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse the mess atm in the room, I am in the process of re-arranging some stuff, including a new sit/stand desk and re-doing wires and such.

As you can see the room is small, 9x14x8, the bathroom door is generally open which is another 5x9. somewhere around roughly 1100 cubic feet total.

I am having trouble deciding on the optimal placement of the speakers. If I should keep it 5.1.2 or drop back to 3.1 given I am not using the room as a tv only setup.

I have a pair of PSB Imagine T's B's C, and 2 pairs of mini's. I am trying to figure out if I should move the towers to a different room and just use the B's with the C given the space constraints. The T's are 2 feet roughly off the front wall and 1 foot off the side walls giving them 7 feet of separation and I sit roughly 6.5 to 7 feet away. I also plan to move the subwoofer to the other side opposite the door.

I'm not willing to give up the desk setup just yet so my question is what would be the best option for speaker placement? Should I do B's / C or perhaps Mini's given the small room and still use a surround setup? The sound itself to me sounds fine even though everything is so close, I don't notice surround effects or whatever not sounding good. Panning sounds good etc..

Would using the long wall make any difference compared to the way it is now? TBH I feel a little dumb even asking this but I figure I'd get some input considering I'm going to be doing some cleanup and rearrangement.

quick edit I also am considering moving the lounge chair back out of here and putting my small loveseat/sofa in again.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Other than moving those towers forward a tiny bit (or moving the sub back a bit) so that there's nothing reflecting off of the side of the subwoofer, I don't see anything wrong with how you have it set up. You gotta do the best you can with the space you have, and that's probably what you have shown.

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Ditto. Looks fine, except any fine-tuning.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have a couple of ideas to clean up the front a bit after thinking about it some more. Not a huge change but It might work out better.

·
Registered
23,600 Posts
Geez Louise, I see two huge monstrous subs in that tiny little room. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geez Louise, I see two huge monstrous subs in that tiny little room. :)
The sub at the front Is a PB-3000 and yes It's quite a monster In this room. The cylinder In the back corner Is the PC12-NSD that I'm waiting for a new amp on as the current one Is dead. It's not actually hooked up It's just sitting there for the moment before It goes back Into the other room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts