AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an entry level setup. With progressing it as money allows for the maximum benefit. I enjoy sitting back in the chair, sometimes with a book, sometimes with nothing and just listening as time allows.

If my room is 13x20. Is the optimal speaker placement 2' from any wall so Effectively I will have my speakers 9' apart? (13'-2'-2'). If I do this does that place the optimal seating somewhere around 7 to 9' back?

Am I going about this correctly?

The room is basically a blank slate (except existing doorways, fireplace, etc). Its my retreat from the family, though when I am in a good mood they can visit.

Current:

Polk M60's

Polk CS2

Yamaha-HTR-5940 (really don't like this thing)

Panasonic BDT110

Looking for a music sub

and new source/amp

·
The Village Idiot
9,749 Posts
There is no mathematical formula for setting speakers up in a given room. There are too many other interactions that negate that formula.

The best measuring equipment is your ears - use them. It might take a few days/weeks/months to find the best placement but experimentation will yield better results than any formula. I have a pair of Infinity IL40s that are (IMO) great sounding speakers. I've read many times how they'd sound best (rear ported) close to a wall - I've found the best bass response at about 3' off the wall - not the 12-18" off the wall as so many will tell you. They work for my ears placed there and thats all that counts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.