Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My den is 14x18. I plan on putting the television against the 14' foot wall and the sofa against the other 14'. The love seat will go against one of the 18' walls in the middle. Based on my calculations that means the view distance is 13.5 feet from the sofa and between 5 and 9 feet from the love seat. I was originally thinking the 60 inch but im not sure if that is going to be too big for this room. Any thoughts???

Thanks

DL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nope, it isn't too big. I got the kf60xbr800 (last year's 60" wega LCD) in a similar setup you just described. I'm about 13.5 feet away from the TV too and about 8 foot away at the love seat.

It looks perfect to me. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think I need a bigger tv :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same here, I have the 60we610 and it sits in a room thats 12.5 x 32 and we sit about 16 feet away from the set and it looks just fine (or maybe I should have gone with the 70" sony)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm at 13 feet with a GWIII which is about ideal. I think the 60" would be great for HD and DVD but would show too many flaws present in standard source material; which is still a large part of my viewing - for this, I think you would want at least 15 feet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a 60" and basically view it from 3 spots; 6' when playing video games, and 12' at the other points. The set looks great, even at the 6' position where my eyes are positioned within the bottom third of the screen. My only problem with the 6' position was that I had a harder time playing Tetris than normal because you have to concentrate at both the top of the screen and the bottom. Racing games look incredible even when stretched, F-Zero is nice and sharp.

But then, that was when the set would actually turn on.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by saberry
I'm at 13 feet with a GWIII which is about ideal. I think the 60" would be great for HD and DVD but would show too many flaws present in standard source material; which is still a large part of my viewing - for this, I think you would want at least 15 feet.
For me, the SD signal has to be really crapy for the GWIII to render it too bad to watch but I don't zoom anything unless it's a widescreen like Enterprise on UPN or Stargate SG-I on SciFi that don't come in as digital anyway. Anything I zoom looks worse than just watching it in OAR. Since I don't have to worry about burn-in, I don't zoom. I picked the Sony over the Sammy for the way it can present analog content. Given that, I'd say a 60" is minimum depending on which seat(s) will be used most often.

YMMV

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the 60" GWIII and am sitting a little over 11 ft from it and it is great! Sony has a handbook on Home Theater in general on their web site (under FAQs I believe). Anyway it says 9 ft for a 50" and 11 ft for a 60" if I remember correct. You are good to go for the 60" and possibly even the 70" XBR model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.