AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living room is 13'10X13'. This is the living room in my new house. What size TV should I go for? I want the best possible movie experience, and also keep in mind the ceiling is about 15" high in this room. The TV will be on the 10' wall I believe. So I am looking at 43" or 52" to fit a 10' wall the best?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
what do you mean by fit the best? either of those sets (or even a 57") will fit on a 10' wall without a problem. it depends on what else will be going on that wall with the set. will you have an av rack next to the set? do you have large floor standing speakers that will flank it too? personally i would go to the store and sit 10' from all the different size tvs and see what i liked (i'm assuming your couch against the wall with your head a foot from the wall and the tv screen 2 feet from the opposite wall to come up with the 10' viewing distance.) go with the largest set that you can view comfortably from this distance. if you need to save space on the 10' wall you can always build shelves above the tv to accomodate your av gear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I will have to build shelves or purchase a AV center to go beside the TV, and I will be sitting in almost the exact position you mentioned. I had not thought of the vertical angle for the AV equipment- gonna start drawing plans and go 52" I think. Guess it's time for another trip to the store for a 10' distance test. Currently my front speakers are small (by this forum's standards, heh) only 18" by 12" or so. Thank you for the link and the input...I love you guys ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.