AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2539 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I found the iLean.exe application and built a file with some older IR hardware. Now what do I do with the file? I'm also not sure the format I have is good enough for the Roomie to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks,

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Just downloaded the app. I have an Integra 50.1, however roomie can't see it. It can see my iTach. When I manually add the ip address it adds it but I can't control it. I use I rule as well and it can see it (only pointing out that there is not a fault with the Integra). Any hints?

Also, is there a way to customize the device names as well as to move the buttons around?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I have been a long time iRule user, tried Demopad, and others but recently began using the Roomie app. (including being in the beta program)


I must say for all of the hours I have put into iRule I never had something that was as easy to work as the remote made with Roomie. I was able to create 3 rooms with all devices working in under 15 minutes. (including 2 way feedback from my Onkyo receiver) - It was also all programmed on the remote.


The application is easy enough to use for my wife and with the advanced features of the beta release of 1.2.x it only gets better.


Roomie is not for the person that wants to tweak everything but is great for someone that wants a remote that works and has a roadmap of features that are coming on a daily basis.


I guess I am tired of waiting for iRule to deliver. I like what they are doing and will continue to watch but after almost a year of waiting I prefer to have something my family can actually use vs. me just playing.


If you have not looked at it then add it to your list!


Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I too am using roomie. Tried Harmony Link and it was terrible. Had 2 rooms up and running in less than 15 min. I would like to try the beta but was denied as I haven't used the product long enough.... Arrrgh.


PS: THAT is the only negative ! AWESOME product and highly recommended.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
How did you get in on the beta? I'd love to get in.


I got mine hooked up yesterday, and it couldn't be any easier. Easier than all my Harmony remotes.


Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasandkrs /forum/post/21202460


How did you get in on the beta? I'd love to get in.


I got mine hooked up yesterday, and it couldn't be any easier. Easier than all my Harmony remotes.


Tom

Send a email to Roomie support with your list of AV equipment and which units you will use for the remotes; ipad, iphone ie.....


I agree the more you use this one the better you like it!


I started with the Pronto remotes years ago but always wanted more real estate for the controls.


Got iRule almost a year ago got their basic template to somewhat working but found the learning cuve tedious at best. Nothing wrong with iRule just more time then I wanted to invest.


Looked at DemoPad seems a bit like iRule but builder app is on your machine, I like that better but again a learning curve.


But Roomie gets you up and running quickly and with graphics which are quite elegant. You get feedback controls on RS232 and IP controlled devices right out of the box.


It would seem that the future of Roomie looks real good for customization of layout and graphics.


Just somethings that I have found really neat!


Just my 2cents

Rew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 /forum/post/21202525


Send a email to Roomie support with your list of AV equipment and which units you will use for the remotes; ipad, iphone ie.....


I agree the more you use this one the better you like it!


I started with the Pronto remotes years ago but always wanted more real estate for the controls.


Got iRule almost a year ago got their basic template to somewhat working but found the learning cuve tedious at best. Nothing wrong with iRule just more time then I wanted to invest.


Looked at DemoPad seems a bit like iRule but builder app is on your machine, I like that better but again a learning curve.


But Roomie gets you up and running quickly and with graphics which are quite elegant. You get feedback controls on RS232 and IP controlled devices right out of the box.


It would seem that the future of Roomie looks real good for customization of layout and graphics.


Just somethings that I have found really neat!


Just my 2cents

Rew

Thank you for the response. I have sent them an email. Hopefully I can get in on the beta. I really like Roomie a lot. I did try iRule and found it to require way too much time for my needs. I would like something that just works. That's where Roomie comes in!


Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
A question for those of you using the iTach TCP/IP to IR box. I've got a infrared distribution block setup with my current system. It has a single input from an IR reciever with emitter distribution to all my devices. Can I connect the emitter output on the iTach to the IR input on my distribution block so I don't have to re-connect all my devices? I may just try it but I'm curious if the output of the IR receiver and the IR emitter is compatible.


Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Looks like I may have just answered my own question, from the Global Cache site:


GC-CGX IR Converter Cable, GC-100 to Xantech


The GC-CGX is used to connect a Global Caché IR output (GC-100 or iTach) to a Xantech IR input. Global Caché IR outputs are converted to meet the IR input requirements for a Xantech IR distribution environment. IR signals from 30KHz to 72KHz can now be sent through an existing Xantech IR installation directly from one of our units. The GC-CGX is optically isolated to ensure circuit isolation and protection.

http://www.globalcache.com/products/other/


anyone using one of these converter cables?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the Xantech cable. I'm going to add my main media room to my Roomie and have it pre-wired with a Xantech distrubtion block. Here's the best part: Although Roomie doesn't formally list Marantz IP enabled receivers as supported in "IP mode", they are! All you have to do is provide the IP address and call it a Denon. So the Marantz in my main media room is already on the system and works well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I'm a recent convert to Roomie from iRule. Got to say - love it's simplicity, slick interface and terrific support. I'm controlling my Yamaha 3900 AVR and TIVo via IP and my Apple TV, Samsung TV and Marantz DVD player via IR (with Global Cache device).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hi all

I am thinking of converting from irule to roomie but wanted to check how difficult it is to set up devices that are not supported. I have some fairly esoteric hifi components that all work off infra- red and I guess I would need to program these one by one or use a learning feature if one exists for this remote.

Is this quite easy to do and what do I need to know before I can be certain that the roomie can control these units? I have already emailed roomie and they told me that I would need to know the codes at least.

Thanks

James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlpush /forum/post/21210619


A question for those of you using the iTach TCP/IP to IR box. I've got a infrared distribution block setup with my current system. It has a single input from an IR reciever with emitter distribution to all my devices. Can I connect the emitter output on the iTach to the IR input on my distribution block so I don't have to re-connect all my devices? I may just try it but I'm curious if the output of the IR receiver and the IR emitter is compatible.


Thanks in advance.

Did you try this? I am curious as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlechner /forum/post/21245124


Did you try this? I am curious as well.

I haven't tried it. I've currently got the IR blaster from the Global Cache ip2ir box pointed at IR receiver off the IR distribution block while I'm setting everything up and that works fine. it's not clear what the Global Cache converter cable does but it seems like more than a straight pass through. I'm a little hesitant to just plug it together for fear of frying something in one box or the other.
 
21 - 40 of 2539 Posts
Top