AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to make a decision on what type of lighting to place under the lip of the riser and the recessed step in the riser. I have about 10 linear feet I want to light, 4' on the side of the riser and 3' each under the steps. I went to Lowe's and I like the small size of the rope lighting but they are sold in specific lengths and can not be cut per the manual. Also the bulbs can not be replaced so in a couple years when the bulbs go out what next??

I'd like to be able to control and dim this lighting with a Grafik Eye. What lighting would you recommend for this? I'd prefer not to use low voltage unless that is all that will work.

Thanks in advance

krfuquamd

· Registered
1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krfuquamd /forum/post/0

I'd like to make a decision on what type of lighting to place under the lip of the riser and the recessed step in the riser. I have about 10 linear feet I want to light, 4' on the side of the riser and 3' each under the steps. I went to Lowe's and I like the small size of the rope lighting but they are sold in specific lengths and can not be cut per the manual. Also the bulbs can not be replaced so in a couple years when the bulbs go out what next??

I'd like to be able to control and dim this lighting with a Grafik Eye. What lighting would you recommend for this? I'd prefer not to use low voltage unless that is all that will work.

Thanks in advance

krfuquamd

I'd use 120 volt LED Rope, not standard rope lighting. Should last a lot longer and has the added advantage in that it won't get hot. Graphic Eye can handle LED rope dimming (ask Lutron about an air gap so they turn off all the way).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.