AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use any Rope Lighting in your HT??

If so, where did you get it, do you like it, and do you have any pics of it ??

Thanks!!

-- Cain

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have approx. 140' of rope lighting installed in my theater. I absolutly love it. In addition it gets a lot of positive feedback from people that go into the room for the first time. I have installed crown moulding 1.5" down from the ceiling that has rope lighting laying behind it. I have used it under my stage. I have also created isle lighting with it. It works well for undercabinet lighting too.

I purchased the majority of the lighting from a specialty lighting store in my town. I have also purchased some from Home Depot. There seems to be a difference in the product both in physical size and light output. The commercial stuff is much brighter and a whiter light. For my install, this was of no concern as I have all of them hooked into a dimmer. The lights are just to bright for me.

Great stuff. Good accent lighting. Creates a real neat effect when done properly. I dont have any digital photos, I will try to get some and post them if it will help.

DarrenW

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Iv got rope lighs but I dont use em for HT. I use them around windows and outside, they look pretty nice. My mom got them from an online catalog, ltdcommodities.com.

Steve

·
Registered
468 Posts
I haven't any in the HT room yet. I have high ceilings in my kitchen, dinning and living rooms. I have white above my kitchen cabinets that illuminate the kitchen well enough to get snacks and drinks. Above my entertainment center, china cabinet and grandfather clock I have blue ropes that act as a highlight, but not are not bright like the white ones. I plan on using both white and blue in the HT area, as indirect lighting near the ceiling.

I bought them at Menards about a year ago or so.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Cain,

I currently use 25ft to border the top of my screen curtain, this I bought at Sams Club for about $14.00.

We were at Payless Hardware/Lumber a few weeks ago during their "going out of business" sale...I bought 5 more boxes for about $3.00 each!!! These I will use highlight my seating risers.

Sorry, no PICS of my theater, yet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have is snaked behind my RPTV and now only in luminates nicely, it also offers relief on the eyes when viewing in a dark room and a bright sceen pops up. It has been proven to stop headaches that these bright sceens may cause..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was in Wal Mart the other day, and in the hardware dept, they had rope lighting in a blister pack for around 8-9$. I belive it was around 20 ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.