AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to WalMart today I was shocked to see Stephen Kinks Rose Red on DVD. If you remember this was a miniseries that was on ABC near the end of this past January. It is a 2 disc set in a red case. It was $17.99 and is in DD5.1 but it's not in widescreen, since this is a made for TV movie, so technically it is OAR, since its OAR was 1.33:1 :) I bought it in a heatbeat, I watched the first hour so far, PQ is stunning using an Svideo connection.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Sorry but if your using an svideo cable you really cannot comment on PQ. Most dvd's look about the same through svideo. Only on a big screen or HDTV using component cables does PQ become that much of an issue from dvd to dvd.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Steve Walmarts sold it as early as a about a month and a half ago. I bought the DVD I use component cables to view in 525P, using a progressive scan DVP. I only use Silver Serpent S-Video cables from www.bettercables.com to hook up my WebTV to my RCA F-38310.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt know that its been out that long. Whenever I goto Walmart (almost every saturday) I always check out the DVDs and this was the first time I seen Rose Red, I went to 2 other walmart today in the Buffalo area and neither of them had it. My comment on PQ had more to do with lack of compression artifacts (very good transfer, much better then I expected) then anything else and I mentioned I use svideo, just FTR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.