AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a generic rotary RGB switch that I was going to use to switch between my HiPix and the MyHd cards. (My Sharpvision has a RGBHV port so I don't need a transcoder)

The picture for each card looks OK using this switch but I don't know what, if any, resolution restrictions this switch has. My question is - do I need to worry about the switch not providing enough resolution if visually I don't notice any difference with it?

I had picked up a Belkin Omniview SOHO series switch that I know can handle to resolution, but it needs an external power supply to switch manually. I didn't want to run a power supply to the switch if I didn't need to.

Are there any better options?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other question, is there any problem butting the switchbox next to the set? I didn't know if there are any inteference issues.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've been looking into this as well. Most manual switches are only rated for the bandwidth of 800x600 and even then start exhibiting some ghosting. Belkin's E series is a cheaper alternative to the SOHO and should work just as well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The nice thing about the Belkin SOHO series is that it switches analog audio as well as RGB. I am satisfied with the performance of the 4 port model I am using right now to feed my DTC-100 and Hipix HTPC into a transcoder. I will be adding the MyHD card to the mix soon.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I really wish the switchers would do analog switching on the audio so the user could use either digital or standard audio.

-Mr. Wigggles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.