AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the Rotel RC-1580 has been superseded by the RC-1570. The RC-1580 has a HT bypass but I have not been able to confirm amywhere if the RC-1570 has HT bypass or if it can be setup somehow to do this. AVR I am using is a Marantz SR6006.

From the RC-1570 manual that I downloaded, nothing is mentioned in terms of HT bypass. Find it strange that this function has been omitted. Furthermore it is disappointing that it cannot process FLAC files. WIth a good built-in DAC that is also a big omission in my books.

Anyone that can assist with the HT bypass question?

The manual mentions for most inputs that gain can be set to Variable, Fixed 1-95 and Fixed max. Not sure if this can be used to 'HT bypass'

·
Registered
8 Posts
JSpy...I have been using the RC-1570 in HT Bypass mode for the last couple months. I am not sure why they omitted calling it HT Bypass in any of their literature, but they did. As you mentioned all of the digital inputs and one analog (Aux 1 - HT Bypass input) can be set to max fixed or 1-95 fixed. I set it up by balancing the left and right channel to the center output of the processor. If you set your center level to 0 then you can get the proper unity gain by adjusting the RC-1570 until they are equal on a SPL meter. After that I would then run the calibration setup and adjust the levels through the processor for Movies & TV.

I originally wanted the 1580 as well, but when I went to order one in late January the stock was gone. I think it sounds great!! I wish I could have listened to both to see how the analog sections compared as I am adding an external DAC anyways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, only saw your reply over the weekend. Bought a RC-1570 on 26 Apr. First had it set to fixed volume max but the system had a hum and the pre-amp and AVR were clearly at different levels. Then adjusted the fixed vol by ear using the AVR's test tone to compare the center and fronts, value around 78. Then I ran Audyssey calibration again - perfect!

Extremely satisfied with the RC-1570. For CD's I use the balanced connections to my Marantz UD7007. The Bluetooth is also working very well and the preamp is just so easy to work with and operate. 12V trigger from pre-amp is used to switch my RB1582 amp on/off.

Great value at the price!

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpy  /t/1526170/rotel-rc-1570-ht-bypass-question#post_24734922

Then adjusted the fixed vol by ear using the AVR's test tone to compare the center and fronts, value around 78. Then I ran Audyssey calibration again - perfect!

Great value at the price!

That's funny you ended up with a volume of 78 as that is very close to what I have as well. I am in the process of selling my RMB-1555 to fund the purchase of the RB-1582 mkII. I loved that new 5 channel A/B amp, but I was playing around with different gear from my dealer and realized what was holding me back was the processor section and not the amp. I sold my processor relatively quick and now I am moving to an Anthem MRX710 for HT and then my RC1570 and 1582 for pure stereo. I am looking forward to being done with the setup as I am about finished building my home theater room!!

Enjoy your Rotel gear as I know it sounds great!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My setup is complete, should be for quite a few years! Spend a number of years building it up through upgrading. Was very interested in the RMB1585 but there are disadvantages in having all five channels in one amp a stereo amp has more space for the components and should something break then another amp can do duty to at least keep stereo going. Current setup, using B&W all round:

Fronts: 804D's driven by RB1582 (mk I). Missed the mk II by a few months, balanced connections are nice

Centre: CMC2

Surround: 685 previous gen

Centre and surrounds driven by RMB1066 (mono bridged to give 150W x 3). Quite a nice amp, had it for a few years and it used to duty to drive 684's and then CM9's plus the centre before I got the 804D's and RB1582

Sub: PV1D.

Surround back: Ceiling mounts

Player: Marantz UD7007

AVR: Marantz SR6006. Would have liked the RSP1572 but it is missing auto calibration.

And of course the RC1570, this one component completed the system to enable pure stereo capability. The Rotel gear plus the 804D's are a great combination.

I am from South Africa, our choices are more limited so I am not that familiar with Anthem. Let me know how it all works out. Sure you will have a great system!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey JSpy,

Since I was one here last I picked up my Anthem receiver and I am waiting to sell my RMB1555 to fund the 1582 mkII. I have my RC-1570 boxed up until I get the 1582 and can use it properly. We have some similar gear:

Fronts: Monitor Audio GX200

Center: MA GXC150

Surrounds: 1 pair of MA RXFX and 1 pair of the new Silver FX...They look identical, so unless you pulled off the grills or looked at the back you would not be able to tell the difference.

Sub: 2 Martin Logan Depthi run in stereo, which I use for both music and HT as there is a seperate LFE input besides the right and left

I am using the UD5007 for blu-ray

Sources: Sonos, Mac Mini into a Parasound Zdac using a Elijah Audio USB Quad Braid cable.

Anthem reciever powers the center and 4 surrounds.

How is everything sounding now that you have the RC-1570 integrated?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts