AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer mailed out a brochure with this new Rotel player in it. Does anyone have any news or facts about this player? The brochure says its based on the 1080 which I know has the chroma bug and wasn't up to par with the Denon 3800. Just want to know if this player is any good. TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Ken,

About four months ago I traded in my Denon AVC-A11SR and Denon DVD-2800 for a whole new Rotel setup with separate processor, dvd player and two power amplifiers. While the sound produced is absolutely brilliant and way above what my Denon setup used to give me I am somewhat dissapointed with the overall picture quality of the RDV-1060.

I am experiencing scrolling diagonal lines on my TV (50" rear projection) which could either be due to a ground loop problem I did not have with my Denon gear or a problem with the player itself. Still trying to figure out.

Besides the above problem I also think that the Denon DVD produced far less artifacts. Some discs on the Rotel are now un pleasant to watch (for example Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon where the smooth textures of the dessert and houses now show a lot of artififacts.

Having said all of this my player might have a problem.

Rgds,

Olaf

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Olaf,

I see there's another thread by spiffnme with more posts and also a link to Club Rotel at www.htguide.com. I'm not sure if it will fix your problem but it looks like Rotel is working on fixing a few things with this player. I'll have to sit on the fence awhile longer.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.