AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone performed the updates for the 1550 or for that matter the 1560 that's provided by the B&W Group? I've been holding off on updates because I've heard that if the unit freezes up in the process of updating I'll need to send the unit to Rotel so they can roboot and reinstall software. I really don't want to be without the receiver for god knows how long. So I'm curious if anyone has performed these updates with or without any problems.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry, I wish I had the money for a 1550. I like the idea of a higher end 5.1 receiver that doesn't waste money and space on additional channels I won't use.

Most of the focus on this site centers around the mainstream brands of Denon/Marantz, Yamaha, etc.

Does the firmware update offer any significant changes, i.e. HDMI 1.4?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have an update that adds 3D pass through. Yeah, I've noticed that those seem to be the most popular brands here. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado /forum/post/0

If you don't mind me asking, do you like the Rotel and what kind of speakers are you driving? Thanks.

Not at all man. I love it. Very reliable, simple minimalist design. The best AVR I've ever owned. My only complaint is the DAC. It's a little too airy for my liking. I have the Paradigm Studio 100's, so I had to get a dedicated amp because the 100's are power hungry. So I purchased the Bryston 4BSST2. The 100's and Bryston are a perfect match.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I had to save up for quite some time for these purchases. Unfortunately, I'm not a blue blood. The 1550 should see a price drop here pretty soon. I've seen the 1550 sold for $1,200 used. What do you currently run?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts