AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can get it from theonering.net but its a bit sketchy - their server is being overloaded!! so it may take a while to d/l.

it is absolutely awesome though....any concerns i had about this movie.....ah god, it's going to be awesome!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
No it's not from the DVD. It's over at theonering.net, but it is very poor quality compared to the official .mov version that will surely be placed online soon. This trailer was placed with Secondhand Lions to boost ticket sales apparently. So when the (opening) weekend is over, it should be online, or that's my guess. Unless you absolutely must see it, I would suggest waiting for the official version.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
the official version comes out tomorrow Monday I read

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rumor had it that the trailer was supposed to hit the theaters friday with the showing of Second Hand Lions. Can anyone confirm if this actually did happen?. There is a trailer available to AOL subscribers. Unfortunately the size is rather small and the quality subpar. I wait for it to be available on quicktime.com. I remember they had the TT trailer that could be watched in fullscreen with excellent quality.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just saw one of the higher quality versions (20MB), and I know it's impossible to judge a 3+ hour movie on less than 3 minutes of preview, but all I can say is WOW with a capital WOW!!!! That movie looks OUTSTANDING!!!

December seems so far away... Waiting for the Extended DVD release will feel like a lifetime!

--Scott

·
Registered
77 Posts
ok folks, apple posted the trailer on they trailer page :D

enjoy

update - i don't know why but it seams that this board has a problem with the link i provided for the trailer so i took it off. please visit the apple site for the trailer but to save it you'll quicktime pro

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Awesome! BenDERmac, the direct link isn't working for me, but I was able to download it from the Apple trailer page. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just as a hint you do not need to spend money on QT pro just to dl the trailer. Simply go to http://www.lordoftherings.net. From there you can click on the link to the new trailer. After a few more clicks you will be given a choice of formats (pc or mac) and sizes. I choose the large size which is about 26MB.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
BenDERmac: Thanks for posting that. You got to love Macs..... I bought my first one a G4 a year ago, just sold it on e-bay and I am waiting for my 2 gig G5, the best machine for music and movies!!!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I was surprised by how low key this trailer was. It did not get me excited at all. It is easily the worst of the LOTR trailers, IMHO.

That being said, I would rather die than not go and see this movie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.