AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a round dish that a friend gave me. I already have a DTC-100 for OTA and it came with the card.

Q1. Can use the round dish to receive from the 119 sat. I only care about the HD channels.

Q2. If the above is true. Can I call DTV and just have them activate the service. What price can I expect.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Paul

A1. Yes, if all you want is the HD you can use the 18"

But remember if you want HBO HD, You will not get all the other non-HD HBO channels you are paying for.

I maybe wrong here, but I think all the HD is still on the 119 bird, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A2. As for the card, If the card has never been subscribe to, Yes, you can use that card. But if it has been used by one other person, You will not be able to use that card.

Direct TV will send you a new one for $10 with trade of

that old card. I would first call them to see if the card

has been used. If it has been used prior to you, ask them what the charge is for a new replacement without the trade, Tell them you plan to give the card back to the original owner since he is the only person that can re-use it..

I only say this because you could if you wish sell that old card within hours on ebay for $120-$150. I will not get into why those people will pay that much for an old card,

This is not the forum for those topics.

Way things look those old cards may reach $200 soon on ebay.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.