AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my nine 088s delivered. Man, do they look nice.

Question, is it adviseable to somehow connect them to one another? If you do no, do they tend to move on a carpeted floor or do they stay put pretty well?

· Registered
2,532 Posts
If they aren't together, you can easily move them to clean out all that dropped popcorn :D

· Registered
778 Posts
I put those generic "magic slides" under the chairs for easy moving/cleaning under. They only move when we move them. :) (Ours are on carpet).

· Registered
1,756 Posts
jvos,

Do you have any pictures of your 088's? Would love to see them in someone's HT. I am seriously considering those because my theater is not very wide.

Thanks,

· Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I DO have pics - however, my PC is sick and I need to reload XP. I've been so busy the last few weeks finishing up my HT that I've not found 4 hours to backup my data and do the reload.

So they are coming, but not real soon.

BTW, they look AWESOME!

· Registered
1,756 Posts
siropa,

Thanks for posting the pics. My theater is 12' wide and I want to maintain space on both sides so I think I'll be going with the 088's.

Looks like you could not wait for your theater to be complete!!!! How do you REALLY like your 088's? Any problems or things you wish were different?

Thanks,

· Registered
1,452 Posts
The only thing I don't care for about the 088s is that the cup holders seem a little closer on the arm rests then I think they should be. IE, when my arm is on the rest, my hand sits right near the holder. no biggie, but it just slightly annoys me. other than that, they are just about perfect for me. I really wouldn't have wanted to have bigger seats even if I had had the room. we sat in some 090s at a local place and seemed to get lost in them.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey Siropa - how about some updated pics? Any progress? Or are the 088's THAT comfy? :)

Be sure to put those things away or cover them up tight when you drywall... unless you want your nice red recliners to be white! :D

· Registered
1,452 Posts
heh. i'm behind on my pics. made some progress. mainly since i've been waiting for a part for my projector forever. I'm going to schedule my electrical/rough carptentry inspection any day now. will be quite nice to finally get to the drywall.

· Registered
631 Posts
I've got a row of 090 recliners, but wish I could have fit more chairs in the same width. The 090s are WIDE.

My only gripe with the 088s is that the arm rest are too narrow. I like the narrower seat, but the row I sat in at a local JC Penny's made be feel like I'd be fighting for the arm rests with my neighbor. Those were not the wedges, though, so perhaps a curved arc would be better.

What I want is a hybrid. If I had to chose one or the other, given my space limitations, I'd go with the 088. Wish they had been available a couple of years ago.

In any case, my 090s are very stable, sitting on carpet, and the ability to shove them (takes some effort) aside aids in cleaning.

--Mike

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smcgrath
Here's my theater that contains two rows of Berkline 088s with black microfiber upholstery.

Shawn
Excellent!! How do you like the microfiber? I am thinking of getting these same seats in the deep burgandy color.

· Registered
631 Posts
pcrx, I believe they have some 090s in microfiber at the South Center JC Penny's if you want to see what they feel like. I imagine that it's the same stuff used on the 088s.

Someone else will have to comment on how well they wear, clean, etc.

--Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.