AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Row One Home Theater Chairs? They have an optional Shiatsu option. I came across these on a website and they are basically $699 in power and $899 or so with the Shiatsu option. If anyone knows about these (Roman?) please let me know. They look real nice on the site, but I can't find reviews or forums discussing them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes, I am very familiar with this chair. Did you want to know anything specific about the chair?

·
Registered
305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch /forum/post/18187513

Yes, I am very familiar with this chair. Did you want to know anything specific about the chair?

Ken,

I have a question........ I'm looking at the Row One Marquis power recline w/Shiatsu. How do they compare with Berkline? Let's say Berkline 099 series w/power recline?

I had the Berkline, moved had to sell 'em. Wanting to buy some new!

Thx.

·
Registered
739 Posts
VonRocks,

Here are the main differences between the Berkline 45099 and the RowOne Marquis:

Reclining Mechanism:

RowOne uses Legget & Platt

Berkline uses their own proprietary mechanism manufactured in their own plant

Dimensions:

RowOne Marquis: 2-arm Recliner Dimensions: 35.5"W x 39.5"D x 40"H and(65.5"D when fully reclined)

Berkline 45099: 2-arm Recliner Dimensions: 42"W x 39"D x 44.5"H and (71" D including 3" wall space when fully reclined)

Warranty:

RowOne: Toll free in-home warranty service should anything go wrong with the chairs.

Berkline: A very good warranty. You call the reseller in the first year if you have any problems and the reseller orders parts and sends out a local tech for you. After the first year, you call Berkline, directly.

Cover:

RowOne: The Marquis is only available in Brown and Black leather.

Berkline 45099: Available in various custom fabrics and leathers- this is true of any Berkline models that start with a '4'

Lead Time:

RowOne: Marquis and Bijou usually in stock and available for delivery in 1-2 weeks

Berkline 45099: Lead time is usually 4-6 weeks (right now on the lower end). (Berkline models beginning with a '1' are usually quick ship items in stock available in 1-2 weeks.)

Shiatsu:

RowOne: This is a nice option to have on one or two chairs in your theater after a long day. You can use it with the back between you and the massager or flip up the back for a more intense massage.

Berkline: Not available on home theater groups.

So, the Berkline 45099 has a taller back which is nicer for anyone over 6'0" tall. I am 6' tall with a longer torso and the Marquis fits me just right (we have one in our offices here in MD). The in-home warranty service on the RowOne chairs is nice. If you are looking for a little bit taller back and like the RowOne chairs, take a look at the Bijou from RowOne.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts