AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a replacement for my Toshiba to go along with the Sharp XVZ-9000. I find the Sharp's picture to be quite sharp but not as Sharp as I used to see from my Sony 10HT (I guess LCD displays a sharper image then DLP), hence the search for a sharper DVD player. Just before ordering the RP-91 I wish to validate this point.

Thanx

Ran

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Ran,

I see you still have the bug to upgrade your DVD player. :D

Yes, the RP-91 has a slightly sharper image than the 6200, but I'm not sure there is enough of a difference to justify the move. Maybe you should try to hold out for the next wave of DVD players?

Good Luck,

Peter M

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter Hi,

Thanx for your response to my post, It's been quite a while since are last talk.

Taking your advise I went to see the 200DM, I was very impressed. Ithought it was leagues ahead from the 200. Nonetheless, this was not the projector for me, I guess once you get used to a native 16x9 (Sony 10HT) there is no going back.

I ended buying the new Sharp XVZ 9000, which as you

probably know, is the first true widescreen DLP, it has a superb image on all accounts.

Anyway, I find that DLP (Sharp and Sim included) display a softer image compared to the 10HT, which arise, once more, the upgrade bug. I'm looking for a very sharp player which will compensate the Sharp's relatively soft picture.

I'm thinking of the RP-91 and I may even get one this week end, or maybe you have a different idea, which I'll be happy to learn.

By next year I'll probably upgrade again:)

Hope all is well

Ran

·
Registered
19 Posts
I "upgraded" my Toshiba 6200 with a Panny RP56. I found that the video quality of RP56 was noticeably sharper than the 6200, even the audio was brighter. My observation was confirmed by my wife. The most noticeable was that the fabric was suddenly much more vivid on RP56 than 6200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.